Sending Faxes With XP Fax Service from Office 2000 Word Ap..

January 26, 2005 6:11:03 PM

Hello:

I am running XP Pro SP2, with MS Fax Service installed.

I understand I can send only a cover page in MS Fax Service.

I am trying to fax my documents in Word (Office 2000), however, when I
select “fax recipient� another wizard opens which has the option for sending
in MS Fax service greyed out. Can anyone explain why Word in Office 2000 can
not send documents with MS XP Pro Fax Service?

Thank you,
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 8:28:45 PM

The Send Fax wizard invoked when you "Send To Fax Recipient" from Office
2000 applications was designed for the At Work Fax service included with
Windows 95/98 and is NOT compatible with Windows XP Fax. Print your files
to the Fax Printer instead.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com