Panaflo Fans

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Does anybody use these.... Are they good ? on PcMods.com they have an 80mm Panaflo fan, and one says High and one Says low.... the Low one is 21 DbA and 24 CFM is this good enough, or would the HIGH one be to loud... it is 32 DbA and 39.6 CFM

This Community is like a Second Family!!

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Panaflo fans are awesome. Goto <A HREF="http://www.plycon.com" target="_new">Plycon.com</A> and measure all the fans at the same size up with the panaflo fans. The dba and the cfm of the panaflo fans seem to be really good IMO.

I have a 120mm Panaflo that is really quiet at the same CFM as the same size in a Sunon that is LOUD!

<font color=red>People and hard drives are like bandwagon fans and sports!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Panaflow fans are amazing, I've been recommending them for years!

People used to laugh at me in THIS VERY FORUM when they would ask "what kind of fan" and I would tell them "just pull an old Panaflow out of an old medium duty AT power supply" They said I was just being cheap. Nope, these are expensive fans, they were hard to find back then.

I have a buch of these things, all pulls from old workstations, etc. They are quiet and have excellent flow. Think about it, workstations put out a lot of heat, but manufacturers wanted them to be quiet for their customers.

So you probably don't have anything that old sitting around and will have to buy new. That's fine, they are available in two speeds. The low speed ones are good enough for most systems. The high speed ones still aren't very loud.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?