How to set all XP users to use printer?

I know I am not the first to have this problem, but other posting I have read
were not able to help me.

Can someone please tell me how I set things up so that all XP users can use
the printer?

Thx

marinusw@hotmail.com

Is this a local printer?
www.coribright.com

"marinusw@hotmail.com" <marinusw@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:C2E76887-C92D-49E4-9453-12C796F68613@microsoft.com...
>I know I am not the first to have this problem, but other posting I have
>read
> were not able to help me.
>
> Can someone please tell me how I set things up so that all XP users can
> use
> the printer?
>
> Thx
>
> marinusw@hotmail.com

Yes, this is a local printer. An HP3550 connected directly via USB to my
computer.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Is this a local printer?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "marinusw@hotmail.com" <marinusw@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:C2E76887-C92D-49E4-9453-12C796F68613@microsoft.com...
> >I know I am not the first to have this problem, but other posting I have
> >read
> > were not able to help me.
> >
> > Can someone please tell me how I set things up so that all XP users can
> > use
> > the printer?
> >
> > Thx
> >
> > marinusw@hotmail.com

Yes, it is a local printer. An HP3550 with USB conenction.

I set the other users with Admin rights, adn they can now print. But I want
guest type users to be able to print. I don't everyone to be Admin's.

Thanks.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Is this a local printer?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "marinusw@hotmail.com" <marinusw@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:C2E76887-C92D-49E4-9453-12C796F68613@microsoft.com...
> >I know I am not the first to have this problem, but other posting I have
> >read
> > were not able to help me.
> >
> > Can someone please tell me how I set things up so that all XP users can
> > use
> > the printer?
> >
> > Thx
> >
> > marinusw@hotmail.com

In the Printer Properties,in the Advanced tap, change it from using the
Spooler to Print Direct to Printer. This issue is most often seen on XP
Home with Norton software.
www.coribright.com