"cannot install this hardware" with Canon S800

kelvin

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

Hi, I am trying to install my old printer Canon S800, I have followed
actually the instruction given with the latest driver. After installing from
C: drive the system keeps saying "cannot install this hardware" it only
offers "finish ' as a response, then pops up again after clicking. Could
someone help me on the case, Thanks in advance.

Are you logged on as an Administrator?

Is the Print Spooler running? From the Command Prompt, type:

net start spooler
(and hit enter)
www.coribright.com

"kelvin" <kelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am trying to install my old printer Canon S800, I have followed
> actually the instruction given with the latest driver. After installing
> from
> C: drive the system keeps saying "cannot install this hardware" it only
> offers "finish ' as a response, then pops up again after clicking. Could
> someone help me on the case, Thanks in advance.

kelvin

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

Hi Cari,
Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, I logging as an Administrator. From the
“Control Panel -> Printers and Fax� I could see the printer (Canon S800) is
in OFFLINE state. But when I turn on the power of the printer, it says “New
hardware found� and it tries to install and I got a dialog box says “Cannot
install this hardware � with only one button “Finish�. When the button
(Finish) is clicked, it repeats the process again , “New Hardware Found� ….

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Are you logged on as an Administrator?
>
> Is the Print Spooler running? From the Command Prompt, type:
>
> net start spooler
> (and hit enter)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "kelvin" <kelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I am trying to install my old printer Canon S800, I have followed
> > actually the instruction given with the latest driver. After installing
> > from
> > C: drive the system keeps saying "cannot install this hardware" it only
> > offers "finish ' as a response, then pops up again after clicking. Could
> > someone help me on the case, Thanks in advance.

Uninstall and reinstall.....