How hot is XP1900+ o.k.???

G

I overclocked my xp1900+,
I made several different settings but HOW HOT is it ok to run the cpu?
I set the alarm to go off at 63 degrees,
and it goes off after a while,
is 63 degrees celsius to hot?
(it may gain a couple of more degrees also???)

I ran the cpu at 142x120=1704mhz,
my abit-kr7araid motherboard sounded off the alarm after 15mins...
(The alarm was set to go off hitting 63celsius,
and that really bothered me)
HELP, HOW HOT IS IT OK TO RUN THE PROCESSOR AT???

the alternative that did NOT complain about the temperature but the pc claimed to go unstable while playing tactical ops...

I run demanding games on 133x13=1729mnz,
and after an hour maybe it says the system is not running stable,
i got 1,825voltage to the cpu,
and I got 2,75 to the memory (ddr)
MY QUESTION IS,
HOW COME IT GOES UNSTABLE AFTER SO LONG TIME,
Should i try to change voltage to 1,85 and memory to 2,85

but pleeeease help me,
how hot can I run my cpu without?????

Help appriciated!

Quote of Kurgan in Highlander
"It´s better to burn out than to faint away!""

Swedish OC in training... Whats that smoke from my cpu?

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
dude i dont know, my beast 1800+ is running perfectly stable at 70degrees celcius, lol but i know it isnt good for the thing, itl go up to 1700 mhz after i up the voltage to 1.9 but it stays at the same temp and stability, cant wait for my new volcano 7 and arctic silver 3 mmmm then maybe 1766 or higher, i want vapo chill tho. if i were you i would experiment and make sure it isnt the ram that is causing instability, do u have a heat spreader? my 3200ddr has a copper heat spreader on it, try underclocking the ram and setting its voltage down a bit.

Introducing Tapeworms! The new big thing for weight loss!

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
68 is pretty high. my normal xp1.6 runs at 40 idel 45 underload, so i would imagine somthing like 50's and max at 60s if i overclock it. i say it'll be good if you get a better hsf and use AS2, 3 and improve your case air ciculation, that makes a big difference.. probably a 5c drop on the cpu

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Not an answer to your question, but what kind of movies have you done? (Read your BIO)
How long are they, who´s acting etc etc...
Can I see them somewhere?

<font color=blue>Be yourself, do whatever <font color=red>you</font color=red> like</font color=blue>

Since you've obviously invested a bit of money, and you're definitely going to overclock, give the Swiftek 462 a shot, she'll drop your temps about 15 to 20 degrees, you get what you pay for.

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
swift-tec's are very expensive, i dont want to spend that much on air cooling, im looking for somthing more unique, like a vapo chill case or lots o peltiers, maybe dry ice or liquid nitrogen, ohh yeah baby thats it liquid nitrogen all the way!! -300c = overclocking for me!

Introducing Tapeworms! The new big thing for weight loss!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
even with air cooling high temps are not always the problem. some devices simply wont run at higher specs. i have the lower model swiftech and i run at 32c.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

keegs

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2002
I have a week-old AthlonXP 1900+ with a TT Volcano7 and a chassis fan; I havent overclocked it, and it runs at 55ºc,<b>JUST</b> running a fresh boot-up and winamp for 20 minutes. Beat that, haha.. If you know whats wrong with my system, let me know hey cos i wanna overclock it..