Diablo 3 words of warning aka blizzard sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

humphreybot

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
apparently i am a vitim of a diablo 3 hacker. blizzard gave my account away to someone who apparently simply asked to change my email address. i tried calling tech support but their message is "we will not discuss this issue over the phone" and i had to create a new battle net account just to register a complaint....because they gave my freaking account away!

So you got keylogged and it's blizzard's fault? Give them your account details, like date of creation, answer to secret question and offer them to send a copy of your ID card/passport. That will surely make them believe you're the owner of the account..

humphreybot

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
lolol well yes, it is exactly blizzards fault. first off i didnt get keylogged. i am the only person that uses my machine and i seriously doubt someone broke into my house just to steal diablo 3. lolol secondly, it is blizzards fault because it was their decision to create the drm, if it were a normal game i would never be online when i play. i wouldnt be in a hacked data base, i wouldnt have my info stolen. oh and i wouldnt have to pay extra just to have my account protected. that policy alone is insane

Pay extra to have account protected? What are you talking about? Look pal, Blizzard didn't give your account to something else, I bet you're using same password for something else than Diablo. There you go, that's how you got 'magically hacked'. Just for your info, there's no way somebody hacked blizzard databases for passwords, because they do not store them. And lastly, why are you ranting on random forum instead of trying to fix your account?

humphreybot

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
to attach an "authenticator" to your account, to ensure its protect, you have to pay for the authenticator, pal. and look pal, you dont have to troll forums look for releases for your anger :) and it was in the news earlier this week that battle.net WAS hacked. blizzard HAS sent out notices that it WAS hacked and that you should change your password. my original point was the detailed process that i had to go thru just to get my own account back, when apparently the thief accomplished the same thing rather quickly. lastly, i started this thread as a warning, a notice to others. i realized that trolls would be attracted to it too, you are welcome, but trolls dont bother me :) you guys are fun to watch

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzard-confirms-battlenet-hacked-6391135

Battle.net's internal systems were illegally accessed on August 4 and account information including encrypted passwords and security question answers appear to have been taken. Blizzard said in a security update today that while no evidence so far suggests financial information like credit card numbers or home addresses were taken, affected users are encouraged to change their security credentials.

The intrusion is under investigation by law enforcement as well as Blizzard. Account information stored on Battle.net's North American servers (which generally hosts accounts from North America, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia) was most significantly breached. Only email accounts were gleaned from all other regions besides China, which does not appear to have had any user information illegally accessed.

Blizzard said encrypted phone numbers from players who use Battle.net's dial-in authentication service may have been taken, and that information accessed in the attack could be used to compromise Battle.net's mobile authentication service. Blizzard plans to update its mobile authenticator software soon, and it believes security from physical authenticators should remain intact.

The information uncovered in the attack should not be enough to access accounts, Blizzard said, as each encrypted password would have to be cracked individually with great effort. Blizzard plans to prompt players on North American servers to change their security questions and answers in coming days, and encourages those who used the same password for multiple accounts to change them. It will also ask its customer service staff to use additional measures to verify player identity.

Blizzard said it refrained from reporting the attacks for five days while it attempted to strike a balance between rapid response and external communication. "Our first priority was to re-secure our network, and from there we worked simultaneously on the investigation and on informing our global player base."

@Sunius, it might be an idea to check your facts before you get banned for trolling/flaming/spreading disinformation.

Unless the encryption can be broken, which is what appears to have happened. Did you not know that graphic cards can be used to break encyption codes and they can do it in a fraction of the time that a CPU can? If not I suggest you go and do some research.

Yes I know that. But I also know that with the right encryption even most powerful GPUs cannot cope.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/password-recovery-gpu,2945.html

Based on our testing, you probably could hit a little over 3 million passwords per second against AES encryption using a pair of Radeon HD 6990s. That means it'd take 7397 years to perform a search of passwords from one to 10 characters long using AMD's Stream acceleration. Even if you could double your speed from there, it wouldn't be much help. To get under one year, you'd have to scale your efforts to 7397 machines working full-time.

Moot point, http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizz [...] ed-6391135 remember? It's happened, you were wrong, get over it.

Filstarn

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

I have the full game and it still works even when I havn´t played for 2 months. But in the forum I only have a trial version. Calling their support isn´t an option since it will cost the same as the game and they have no official email. On facebook I can only write them if they get my phone number or creditcard info, and that is certainly a no go. Blizzard do not care about you, only your money. 7 words left, do not waste your money on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.