lost phone billing Q

Last response: in Network Providers
April 13, 2004 1:43:44 AM

I reported a phone lost and Cingular suspended its service as requested.
After deciding it was truly gone, I got a replacement phone - same phone
number. If someone were to find that lost phone, would they be able to
send or receive calls on my (previously its) phone number?

More about : lost phone billing

Anonymous
April 13, 2004 1:43:45 AM

<tmoran@acm.org> wrote in message news:k4Eec.120925$w54.843394@attbi_s01...
| I reported a phone lost and Cingular suspended its service as requested.
| After deciding it was truly gone, I got a replacement phone - same phone
| number. If someone were to find that lost phone, would they be able to
| send or receive calls on my (previously its) phone number?

No. Depending on the type of service you have, your phone either registered
using it's unique IMEI number (TDMA) or by the SIM (GSM).

So in short, either way, that phone can now not be used on your same
account.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 3:03:36 AM

>No. Depending on the type of service you have, your phone either registered
>using it's unique IMEI number (TDMA) or by the SIM (GSM).

No. Depending on the type of service you have, your phone either registered
using it's unique ESN number (TDMA) or by the SIM/IMEI number (GSM).

--
John S.
April 13, 2004 3:03:37 AM

"John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
| >No. Depending on the type of service you have, your phone either
registered
| >using it's unique IMEI number (TDMA) or by the SIM (GSM).
|
| No. Depending on the type of service you have, your phone either
registered
| using it's unique ESN number (TDMA) or by the SIM/IMEI number (GSM).

Oppsie, and correct ;)
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 8:01:02 AM

| No. Depending on the type of service you have, your phone either registered
| using it's unique ESN number (TDMA) or by the SIM/IMEI number (GSM).
Thanks for the info. It must be true that "talking about it will help",
since Lost and Found delivered the missing phone late this afternoon. :)
So now I have an extra (suspended, thus non-working) phone. The question
now is: can I take the SIM card from my wife's old Nokia and transplant
it into this (suspended) Motorola T720, and thus easily replace her old
phone with a new one? Or does Cingular need to unsuspend/suspend them?
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 2:55:45 PM

>Or does Cingular need to unsuspend/suspend them?

You, as the owner who has found the missing phone, need to call the cell
company and tell them that you found the phone and are going to use it.

Otherwise, no, you probably won't be able to switch the SIM card from your
wife's phone.

--
John S.