Error cannot print until reboot

Tags:
  • Windows XP
January 28, 2005 1:27:26 AM

XP Home with SP2 installed. HP R40 locally attached to Dell 8200. Home
Ethernet LAN. After a day or two of continuous up time, the other computers
on the LAN can no longer print to the R40. The jobs get stuck in the print
spool queue with the first job showing error, unable to print. If I reboot
the computer the spool will print out everything in the queue OK, and
everything will be OK for a day or two. Then the same thing happens again
with remotely spooled print jobs. Any ideas?

Buffaloed Bill

More about : error print reboot

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 4:58:40 PM

How many other PCs are trying to print through the Dell?
www.coribright.com

"Bill Stenzel" <Bill Stenzel at attbi com> wrote in message
> XP Home with SP2 installed. HP R40 locally attached to Dell 8200. Home
> Ethernet LAN. After a day or two of continuous up time, the other
> computers on the LAN can no longer print to the R40. The jobs get stuck in
> the print spool queue with the first job showing error, unable to print.
> If I reboot the computer the spool will print out everything in the queue
> OK, and everything will be OK for a day or two. Then the same thing
> happens again with remotely spooled print jobs. Any ideas?
>
> Buffaloed Bill

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 12:17:35 PM

There are a total of 3 computers in my home LAN, a 4200 Dell desktop, a
8100 Dell Inspiron Laptop, and the 8200 Dell Desktop having the HP R40
attached. All are running Windows XP Home at SP2. I frequently don't
reboot the 8200 for a week or more at a time.