Cannot Connect to Shared Printer

Computer #1 - XP Pro SP2, HP printer connected via USB and shared, local and
internet network connectivity okay.
Computer #2 - XP Home SP1, local and internet connectivity okay.
Computer #1 can view shared files/folders on Computer #2. Computer #2
cannot connect to any shared files/folders/printers on Computer #1. Both
systems are networked wirelessly through DLink 525 router. Comptuer #1 uses
McAfee Firewall but this doesn't seem to matter as Computer #2 won't connect
with all firewalls disabled on both computers. Any help would be appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot connect shared printer

    Please ask in the Networking group if:
    does not help.

    Is the UserName and Password of PC #1 added as a User on PC #2?
    www.coribright.com

    "jdnewman2000" <jdnewman2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Computer #1 - XP Pro SP2, HP printer connected via USB and shared, local
    > and
    > internet network connectivity okay.
    > Computer #2 - XP Home SP1, local and internet connectivity okay.
    > Computer #1 can view shared files/folders on Computer #2. Computer #2
    > cannot connect to any shared files/folders/printers on Computer #1. Both
    > systems are networked wirelessly through DLink 525 router. Comptuer #1
    > uses
    > McAfee Firewall but this doesn't seem to matter as Computer #2 won't
    > connect
    > with all firewalls disabled on both computers. Any help would be
    > appreciated.

    Thanks, I moved the question to that group. Why would the username and P/W
    be needed? They haven't been added on any of the other computers that
    connect to this printer.

    Thanks again.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Please ask in the Networking group if:
    > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
    > does not help.
    >
    > Is the UserName and Password of PC #1 added as a User on PC #2?
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "jdnewman2000" <jdnewman2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Computer #1 - XP Pro SP2, HP printer connected via USB and shared, local
    > > and
    > > internet network connectivity okay.
    > > Computer #2 - XP Home SP1, local and internet connectivity okay.
    > > Computer #1 can view shared files/folders on Computer #2. Computer #2
    > > cannot connect to any shared files/folders/printers on Computer #1. Both
    > > systems are networked wirelessly through DLink 525 router. Comptuer #1
    > > uses
    > > McAfee Firewall but this doesn't seem to matter as Computer #2 won't
    > > connect
    > > with all firewalls disabled on both computers. Any help would be
    > > appreciated.

    If Computer 1 has user names of: Mom and Dad, it won't recognize different
    user names. If you logged on the Computer 2 as Daddy, that's a whole
    different user name and Computer 1 won't see it as a valid name.

    If this is the case, when you add the user names from Computer 1 to Computer
    2, make sure you log-on as the new user names on Computer 2. Until the user
    has logged on, (to Computer 2) Computer 1 won't recognize the name as a
    valid user. ( The files need to be created for the user on the second
    computer. This is done the first time a new user logs on.)

    > Thanks, I moved the question to that group. Why would the username and
    > P/W
    > be needed? They haven't been added on any of the other computers that
    > connect to this printer.
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Please ask in the Networking group if:
    >> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
    >> does not help.
    >>
    >> Is the UserName and Password of PC #1 added as a User on PC #2?
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>
    >> "jdnewman2000" <jdnewman2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Computer #1 - XP Pro SP2, HP printer connected via USB and shared,
    >> > local
    >> > and
    >> > internet network connectivity okay.
    >> > Computer #2 - XP Home SP1, local and internet connectivity okay.
    >> > Computer #1 can view shared files/folders on Computer #2. Computer #2
    >> > cannot connect to any shared files/folders/printers on Computer #1.
    >> > Both
    >> > systems are networked wirelessly through DLink 525 router. Comptuer #1
    >> > uses
    >> > McAfee Firewall but this doesn't seem to matter as Computer #2 won't
    >> > connect
    >> > with all firewalls disabled on both computers. Any help would be
    >> > appreciated.

Connection Computers Windows XP