Cannot Connect to Shared Printer

January 28, 2005 3:09:01 AM

Computer #1 - XP Pro SP2, HP printer connected via USB and shared, local and
internet network connectivity okay.
Computer #2 - XP Home SP1, local and internet connectivity okay.
Computer #1 can view shared files/folders on Computer #2. Computer #2
cannot connect to any shared files/folders/printers on Computer #1. Both
systems are networked wirelessly through DLink 525 router. Comptuer #1 uses
McAfee Firewall but this doesn't seem to matter as Computer #2 won't connect
with all firewalls disabled on both computers. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : connect shared printer

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 4:56:43 PM

Please ask in the Networking group if:
does not help.

Is the UserName and Password of PC #1 added as a User on PC #2?
www.coribright.com

"jdnewman2000" <jdnewman2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Computer #1 - XP Pro SP2, HP printer connected via USB and shared, local
> and
> internet network connectivity okay.
> Computer #2 - XP Home SP1, local and internet connectivity okay.
> Computer #1 can view shared files/folders on Computer #2. Computer #2
> cannot connect to any shared files/folders/printers on Computer #1. Both
> systems are networked wirelessly through DLink 525 router. Comptuer #1
> uses
> McAfee Firewall but this doesn't seem to matter as Computer #2 won't
> connect
> with all firewalls disabled on both computers. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 5:23:01 PM

Thanks, I moved the question to that group. Why would the username and P/W
be needed? They haven't been added on any of the other computers that
connect to this printer.

Thanks again.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Please ask in the Networking group if:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
> does not help.
>
> Is the UserName and Password of PC #1 added as a User on PC #2?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "jdnewman2000" <jdnewman2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Computer #1 - XP Pro SP2, HP printer connected via USB and shared, local
> > and
> > internet network connectivity okay.
> > Computer #2 - XP Home SP1, local and internet connectivity okay.
> > Computer #1 can view shared files/folders on Computer #2. Computer #2
> > cannot connect to any shared files/folders/printers on Computer #1. Both
> > systems are networked wirelessly through DLink 525 router. Comptuer #1
> > uses
> > McAfee Firewall but this doesn't seem to matter as Computer #2 won't
> > connect
> > with all firewalls disabled on both computers. Any help would be
> > appreciated.

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 3:05:06 AM

If Computer 1 has user names of: Mom and Dad, it won't recognize different
user names. If you logged on the Computer 2 as Daddy, that's a whole
different user name and Computer 1 won't see it as a valid name.

If this is the case, when you add the user names from Computer 1 to Computer
2, make sure you log-on as the new user names on Computer 2. Until the user
has logged on, (to Computer 2) Computer 1 won't recognize the name as a
valid user. ( The files need to be created for the user on the second
computer. This is done the first time a new user logs on.)

!