Unable to instal fax (XP + Sp2)

I get message saying unable to find various fxs*.dll files. The files are in
fact all in C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386, which is where the
installation sequence looks - BUT it sates that the files are not there.
I also found the files on the Sp2 CD in D:\Support\Symbols\Symbols.cab, but
can only direct the installation sequence as far as D:\Support\Symbols\ and
no further.
All the files found do have the full dll extention.
The fax facility was not installed prior to the Sp2 update.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Stan
1 answer Last reply
More about unable instal

    Make sure your modem is using the latest drivers and is on the Windows XP
    HCL list.
    Make sure you are logging on as an Administrator.
    Try the installation immediately after a reboot and see if anything changes.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    " Stan Waisbrod" <me@there> wrote in message
    >I get message saying unable to find various fxs*.dll files. The files are
    >in fact all in C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386, which is where the
    >installation sequence looks - BUT it sates that the files are not there.
    > I also found the files on the Sp2 CD in D:\Support\Symbols\Symbols.cab,
    > but can only direct the installation sequence as far as
    > D:\Support\Symbols\ and no further.
    > All the files found do have the full dll extention.
    > The fax facility was not installed prior to the Sp2 update.
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > Stan

Fax Windows XP Support DLL