Is there a way to transfer bf3 to another pc without re installing ?

persona

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
i bought bf3 the downloadable version and i'm midway through instaallation on one computer. i was wondering if there was a way to transfer the files and finish downloading on another computer. i tried installing the game on a external hard drive and the transfering to my gaming rig but nothing happened. it said i had to donwload it again. is there another way ?

persona

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
are you telling me this from experience ? because i can stop mid way through a download on steam and finish it on a different computer. i'm not interrogating you, i'm just trying to find out why origin can't do the most simplistic tasks.

you've found it hasn't worked, BF3 is an install in place installation, only the files are needed, hence no backup solution required.

persona

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

ok then so tell me this.When the download is finished is there a way to activate the game so that way origin would know that the game is already downloaded ?

persona

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

i asked because i bought the gamestop download. i had to download the app then download the game which took about 14 hours. then i had to download origin then install the game whihc only took about 5 or 10 minutes.After that i had to download the update which took 4 hours then i tried launching the game and nothing worked, so i re installed the game on origin and still nothing. and after switching files around for some reason now origin wants to download the game, not install but download and this is going to take 14 hours. but i already have the game downloaded. so now i'm just letting it download on one of my work computers because i don't want to have my gaming rig running all day.

TRENDING THREADS