Canon bjc-80 printer will not function

I have Windows xp service pack 1 and Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003.
My Canon bjc-80 printer will only print a word document. I cannot print
anything from the Web (Internet Explorer shuts down), nor can I access
printer properties. I get error:

Function address 0x77e7650d caused a protection fault. (exception code
0xc0000005) some or all property page(s) may not be displayed.

and then the screen goes blank, all icons disappear, then reload.

Canon does not have a driver for Windows xp for this printer, but says that
xp includes the driver. How can I repair this problem? Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about canon printer function

    Uninstall and reinstall:

    Use the Add printer Wizard after Step 5.
    www.coribright.com

    "lalucci" <lalucci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows xp service pack 1 and Office Student and Teacher Edition
    >2003.
    > My Canon bjc-80 printer will only print a word document. I cannot print
    > anything from the Web (Internet Explorer shuts down), nor can I access
    > printer properties. I get error:
    >
    > Function address 0x77e7650d caused a protection fault. (exception code
    > 0xc0000005) some or all property page(s) may not be displayed.
    >
    > and then the screen goes blank, all icons disappear, then reload.
    >
    > Canon does not have a driver for Windows xp for this printer, but says
    > that
    > xp includes the driver. How can I repair this problem? Thanks

Printers Canon Windows XP