Bluetooth printing & MS keyboard BT on SP2

I put a bluetooth adapter (Gigabyte GN-BTP01) on my Epson CX3200 and BT
receiver is the one with MS Bluetooth optical desktop (XP SP2 installed).

"GIGABYTE" is recognized when I "add a new bluetooth device" but no service
is available (despite HCRP is supported by my device).

What could be the proper way to install this device with my configuration

Thank you.
4 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth printing keyboard

    Trying to do a similar thing myself. I also have the CX3200 and am
    looking to buy the right Bluetooth printer adapter. I've noticed that
    almost all of them are incompatible with "All-In-One" printers like the
    CX3200.

    I thought they meant that not all features of the printer would be
    available rather than not working altogether, but unfortunately from
    what you are saying, this seems to be the case.
    Hope someone comes up with a solution or workaround soon.

    I believe the Epson CX3200 is a multifunction device, thus it works over
    1284.4 bus so it probably won't work with a Bluetooth adapter. You should
    check with Gigabyte and see if they support 1284.4 devices over their
    adapter. I checked their supported devices and the Epson CX3200 isn't
    listed:
    http://global.giga-byte.com/Communication/FileList/FAQ/btp01qvl.pdf

    Here's how Gigabyte suggests installing this device:

    http://tw.giga-byte.com/Communication/FileList/FAQ/install%20gn-btp01.pdf

    Have you tried installing the device through the Add Printer Wizard?

    Try this:
    1) Open the Bluetooth Control Panel. Start>Control Panel>Bluetooth
    2) Select the "GIGABYTE" device and hit the Remove button
    3) Open the Printers and Faxes Folder. Start>Printers and Faxes>Add a
    Printer
    4) Select Bluetooth Printer
    5) Device should auto detect and prompt you to install the drivers.

    Reply back and let me know what your results are. In the meantime I'll try
    to get this device and reproduce the situation for you.

    --
    Tom Aaron

    purposes only.

    "Michel Gervais" <Michel_Gervais@Compuserve.com> wrote in message
    >I put a bluetooth adapter (Gigabyte GN-BTP01) on my Epson CX3200 and BT
    >receiver is the one with MS Bluetooth optical desktop (XP SP2 installed).
    >
    > "GIGABYTE" is recognized when I "add a new bluetooth device" but no
    > service is available (despite HCRP is supported by my device).
    >
    > What could be the proper way to install this device with my configuration
    >
    > Thank you.

    I tried through the add printer wizard to add a "bluetooth printer"
    ("Gigabyte" was no more mentioned among bluetooth devices despite detected
    previously). The blue square light on device blinked but no printer was
    detected.

    I tried again through bluetooth device panel : device detected, no code
    number required, it installs slowly but then no service is available.

    Example shown on Gigabyte site seems to uses Widcomm software sold with USB
    dongles and BT compact flash cards by Billionton and other manufacturers.

    MS BT Mouse and keyboard detection is sometime difficult too : keyboard get
    lost and needs a new code on a hot reboot after wake up frome state 1 that
    failed to light up screen...Mouse link seems stronger : I never lost it
    ....Since XP2, services on Mouse and Keyboard are easier to install : the
    blank square appears immediately to chose HID profile.

    I can use my bluetooth phone now with my MS receiver (Nokia 6310i) since
    XP2. Maybe someday with "XP3" bluetooth printing will be possible
    easily...or has bluetooth been killed by wifi ??

    Thank you for your efforts.

    Michel

    "Tom Aaron [MSFT]" <taaron@online.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
    news: 42026c60$1@news.microsoft.com...
    >I believe the Epson CX3200 is a multifunction device, thus it works over
    >1284.4 bus so it probably won't work with a Bluetooth adapter. You should
    >check with Gigabyte and see if they support 1284.4 devices over their
    >adapter. I checked their supported devices and the Epson CX3200 isn't
    >listed:
    > http://global.giga-byte.com/Communication/FileList/FAQ/btp01qvl.pdf
    >
    > Here's how Gigabyte suggests installing this device:
    >
    > http://tw.giga-byte.com/Communication/FileList/FAQ/install%20gn-btp01.pdf
    >
    > Have you tried installing the device through the Add Printer Wizard?
    >
    > Try this:
    > 1) Open the Bluetooth Control Panel. Start>Control Panel>Bluetooth
    > 2) Select the "GIGABYTE" device and hit the Remove button
    > 3) Open the Printers and Faxes Folder. Start>Printers and Faxes>Add a
    > Printer
    > 4) Select Bluetooth Printer
    > 5) Device should auto detect and prompt you to install the drivers.
    >
    > Reply back and let me know what your results are. In the meantime I'll try
    > to get this device and reproduce the situation for you.
    >
    > --
    > Tom Aaron
    > Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team

    > rights.
    >
    > Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
    > newsgroup purposes only.
    >
    > "Michel Gervais" <Michel_Gervais@Compuserve.com> wrote in message
    >>I put a bluetooth adapter (Gigabyte GN-BTP01) on my Epson CX3200 and BT
    >>receiver is the one with MS Bluetooth optical desktop (XP SP2 installed).
    >>
    >> "GIGABYTE" is recognized when I "add a new bluetooth device" but no
    >> service is available (despite HCRP is supported by my device).
    >>
    >> What could be the proper way to install this device with my configuration
    >>
    >> Thank you.

    Try going into the Bluetooth Control Panel, selecting the GIGABYTE device
    from the "Devices" Tab. Hit Properties and then go to the "Services" Tab.
    You should be able to select> Printing (HCRP) checkbox and hit apply. If you
    don't see a Printing (HCRP) service then the gigabyte adapter probably
    doesn't work with this device.

    I'm still working on getting your device to reproduce the situation. It may
    take a week or two since they are mainly items sold in the UK.

    --

> [...]
    >> 5) Device should auto detect and prompt you to install the drivers.
    >>
    >> Reply back and let me know what your results are. In the meantime I'll
    >> try to get this device and reproduce the situation for you.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tom Aaron
    >> Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team

    >> rights.
    >>
    >> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
    >> newsgroup purposes only.
    >>
    >> "Michel Gervais" <Michel_Gervais@Compuserve.com> wrote in message
    >>>I put a bluetooth adapter (Gigabyte GN-BTP01) on my Epson CX3200 and BT
    >>>receiver is the one with MS Bluetooth optical desktop (XP SP2 installed).
    >>>
    >>> "GIGABYTE" is recognized when I "add a new bluetooth device" but no
    >>> service is available (despite HCRP is supported by my device).
    >>>
    >>> What could be the proper way to install this device with my

Devices Gigabyte Bluetooth Windows XP