Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition Here

Last response: in News comments
February 11, 2011 6:55:09 PM

Quote:
players can pull a turd out of a toilet and write on the bathroom stall wall

My prayers have been answered. Thank you
Score
February 11, 2011 6:56:54 PM

Is it true that it may finally be time to kick @$$ and chew bubble gum again???

I just hope all this build up does not lead to lack-luster gameplay
Score
Related resources
February 11, 2011 6:59:55 PM

Wouldn't it be cool if this game was super bad ass? I mean after 10 years in the making...it just came out and rocked. I hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath.
Score
February 11, 2011 7:06:40 PM

liquidchildWouldn't it be cool if this game was super bad ass? I mean after 10 years in the making...it just came out and rocked. I hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath.

Exactly.

As to the article, who buys this collector's crap? I will d/l it from steam and be perfectly happy if the game is good. Spend $99 on a game that might suck? I still can't understand how people go crazy over little kiddie stuff. "Hooray, I got DNF paper clip! Wanna trade for a Stawberry Shortcake doll?"
Score
February 11, 2011 7:34:34 PM

If they don't pack in some actual steel balls, then they got it wrong.
Score
February 11, 2011 7:35:49 PM

After waiting for so long, my expectations of the game might be too high to end up liking it. But this special edition package is so comical that I think I might get it just for the sillyness of it!
Score
February 11, 2011 7:37:32 PM

alienzander76My prayers have been answered. Thank you

This could be the funniest thing I've seen on Tom's Hardware.
Score
February 11, 2011 7:39:02 PM

Yeah, I watched a movie of the gameplay awhile back and it looked like serious Sam with next gen graphics. Oh well, most of the good-ole memories I had with Duke 3d was playing with a friend over dial-up. If they can recreate the multiplayer fun like that then it will be good. I can't wait to see the reviews.
Score
February 11, 2011 7:39:59 PM

trialskingExactly.As to the article, who buys this collector's crap? I will d/l it from steam and be perfectly happy if the game is good. Spend $99 on a game that might suck? I still can't understand how people go crazy over little kiddie stuff. "Hooray, I got DNF paper clip! Wanna trade for a Stawberry Shortcake doll?"

Hey, if you can trade it up to a Porsche the that's not such a bad deal ;) 
Score
February 11, 2011 7:42:47 PM

I would like to be a nerd about this and say i would buy a collector's edition but, if it sucks, then i got suckered into buying $99 of crap.
Score
February 11, 2011 7:48:58 PM

The thing I've always like about the Duke franchise is, that when you geek out to peeps and start talking about it, you don't get ridiculed as much. If you start a conversation about Gears of War and it's like "So's I's was's takin my chainsaw's to this's aliens's neck..." Everyone's like "NERD". But if you say "So I threw money at a stripper, then after killing the boss, I tore off his head and sat down on his neck to read the paper and pinch a duece", everyon'e jaws drop. It's good times
Score
February 11, 2011 7:52:38 PM

I am so there....
Score
February 11, 2011 8:35:36 PM

fractureOh snap, you got a Strawberry Shortcake doll? I'll trade you my Rainbow Brite doll for it.

OMG Rainbow Brite is my favorite!!!!
Score
February 11, 2011 8:44:02 PM

I have Mouse Balls of Steel!
Score
February 11, 2011 8:53:06 PM

jfbyThis could be the funniest thing I've seen on Tom's Hardware.

Oh come on this kind of crap (no pun intended) has probably been done numerous times in some random college fraternity house. LOL

...not speaking from personal experience, of course. :D 
Score
February 11, 2011 9:15:45 PM

I've got BALLS OF STEEL... STEEL, STEEL, STEEL.... BALLS OF STEEL!

Ventrilo Harassment ftw.
Score
February 11, 2011 9:19:28 PM

I can't wait to buy this game.
Score
February 11, 2011 10:18:58 PM

The thing about Duke Nukem I liked most was the sick sense of humor & multiplayer mayhem. I didn't care about all those aliens. If you could could do humiliation in multiplayer, the way only Duke Nukem can. Taking a leak, writing things with turd. It's not politically correct, & might even get parents upset, but Babie is an object & Disney made Britney, Justin, Miley...
Score
February 11, 2011 11:03:36 PM

It contains everything except...you know...the actual game.
Score
February 11, 2011 11:33:45 PM

trialskingExactly.As to the article, who buys this collector's crap? I will d/l it from steam and be perfectly happy if the game is good. Spend $99 on a game that might suck? I still can't understand how people go crazy over little kiddie stuff. "Hooray, I got DNF paper clip! Wanna trade for a Stawberry Shortcake doll?"

I usually don't pre-order special editions of games, but caved for Civilization 5, and that game was extremely disappointing to me.

This actually looks like a good deal, unless the bust is made of styrofoam or something.
Score
Anonymous
February 11, 2011 11:52:31 PM

YEAH! Super hardcore Duke Nukem Foldable Paper Craft. HARDCORE MUHFUH!
Score
February 12, 2011 12:47:14 AM

The game should come with:

A set of knuckle dusters;
A dictionary of known swear words;
A cigar.

Users should also get a free crew cut and colour.

Scars optional.

Chuck Norris needs to be in the opening movie ... :) 
Score
February 12, 2011 1:34:01 AM

I am not much for collector edition of games, but its Duke. I may have to make an exception on this one.
Score
February 12, 2011 2:15:25 AM

I can't wait to play this game, I started to play this when I was a little kid and found out that I can give 1 dollar bill to the strippers and they would show me their boobs. Then my aunt found out and ask me to stop playing, but I didn't, cuz it was too much fun... Hope this one will be awesome!
Score
February 12, 2011 3:41:53 AM

I may have decided to buy this collectors thing but... the content is pretty lame for $100.
Score
February 12, 2011 5:45:04 AM

Doesn't kicking a guy so many times in the nuts make it hard for him to get an errection? ;-)
Score
February 12, 2011 10:01:23 AM

They forgot the inflatable girl...
Score
February 12, 2011 5:06:47 PM

Duke-Shmuke,, does anyone remember Shadow Warrior,???, it was produced about the time of Duke Extreme, and just as politically incorrect as the Duke was , with an oriental flavour,, these kinds of games are a good reminder that "it's only a game"...:) 
Score
February 12, 2011 6:35:03 PM

Awesome.... i'm so buying this game..
Score
February 12, 2011 9:08:23 PM

haha very cool, altough it would be even cooler if it had a pair of steel balls in the set, to hang on the rear mirror in the car :p 
Score
February 13, 2011 4:30:08 AM

reynodChuck Norris needs to be in the opening movie ...

In agree, alongside Mr T and Col Quitrich from Avatar, as all three of them get their asses kicked by Duke.
Score
February 14, 2011 8:29:47 AM

So much win packed into to so small a space...
Score
February 14, 2011 11:25:29 AM

i dream of a world where a man's stature is based on the numbe rof limited edition/special edition games /end sarcasm

i'll be doing a steam download too (unless the bust is cool) .. but i did the the halo 3 legendary edition because the master chief helmet looked cool, it looks cool up on the mantle, depending on how this comes out and more pics surface i might end up gettign this jsut af another head on the mantle type dealio
Score
February 14, 2011 12:37:54 PM

I will not buy this game without first having read a proper review. That said I really hope it kicks @$$.
Score
February 14, 2011 3:19:47 PM

anyone know the sys reqs for this game, I've looked around and can't find anything.
Score
February 14, 2011 4:03:22 PM

borisof007I've got BALLS OF STEEL... STEEL, STEEL, STEEL.... BALLS OF STEEL! Ventrilo Harassment ftw.

Is that a 3" Of Blood / "Balls Of Ice" reference?
Score
February 14, 2011 4:53:42 PM

A statuette of Duke? Quite a deal for that, although I would have enjoyed just that but using higher quality.
Score
February 15, 2011 1:43:32 AM

borisof007 said:
I've got BALLS OF STEEL... STEEL, STEEL, STEEL.... BALLS OF STEEL!

Ventrilo Harassment ftw.

I would not keep saying that, someone may want to kill you old style :) 
Score
February 28, 2011 3:04:40 AM

Thanks for sharing this.....keep it up.
Score
March 5, 2011 4:17:09 AM

jgironanyone know the sys reqs for this game, I've looked around and can't find anything.

Hang on, let me use my psychic powers!

But seriously, system requirements are not usually released this early. Wait until closer to launch.
Score
!