print spooler service

January 30, 2005 8:11:02 PM

I had my computer proffessionally cleaned out and new antifvirus and spyware
installed...trouble is now I dont have a printer installed on my computer.
When I try to reinstall my printer the computer tells me that the print
spooler service is not running. I have gone throught the administrative
tools and clicked start on the print spooler and get the following message.
Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start.
Can someone help me restart my print spooler?

More about : print spooler service

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 11:29:03 PM

I'm having the same problem. I have an english project due tomorrow and I
NEED my printer to work. I've tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling it and
it says it couldn't instal the hardware. I'm really frustrated. Did you
figure anything out yet?

"wicreteking" wrote:

> I had my computer proffessionally cleaned out and new antifvirus and spyware
> installed...trouble is now I dont have a printer installed on my computer.
> When I try to reinstall my printer the computer tells me that the print
> spooler service is not running. I have gone throught the administrative
> tools and clicked start on the print spooler and get the following message.
> Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
> Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start.
> Can someone help me restart my print spooler?

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 6:47:02 AM

I am waiting for a response to my question that will tell me what to do. You
need to save your paper to disk and go somewhere else. If I get help, I will
respond with it.

"Cassie" wrote:

> I'm having the same problem. I have an english project due tomorrow and I
> NEED my printer to work. I've tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling it and
> it says it couldn't instal the hardware. I'm really frustrated. Did you
> figure anything out yet?
>
> "wicreteking" wrote:
>
> > I had my computer proffessionally cleaned out and new antifvirus and spyware
> > installed...trouble is now I dont have a printer installed on my computer.
> > When I try to reinstall my printer the computer tells me that the print
> > spooler service is not running. I have gone throught the administrative
> > tools and clicked start on the print spooler and get the following message.
> > Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
> > Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start.
> > Can someone help me restart my print spooler?

February 2, 2005 12:03:41 AM

See steps 15 through 17 at:
www.coribright.com

"wicreteking" <wicreteking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had my computer proffessionally cleaned out and new antifvirus and
>spyware
> installed...trouble is now I dont have a printer installed on my computer.
> When I try to reinstall my printer the computer tells me that the print
> spooler service is not running. I have gone throught the administrative
> tools and clicked start on the print spooler and get the following
> message.
> Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
> Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start.
> Can someone help me restart my print spooler?

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:03:52 AM

See steps 15 through 17 at:
www.coribright.com

"Cassie" <Cassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D C071651-E85D-4818-B988-436E9FD9081F@microsoft.com...
> I'm having the same problem. I have an english project due tomorrow and I
> NEED my printer to work. I've tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling it
> and
> it says it couldn't instal the hardware. I'm really frustrated. Did you
> figure anything out yet?

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 7:03:05 AM

The spooler is now running, but I cannot print anything yet. Everything I
send to the printer just sits there and doesnt print.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> See steps 15 through 17 at:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> www.coribright.com
>
> "wicreteking" <wicreteking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had my computer proffessionally cleaned out and new antifvirus and
> >spyware
> > installed...trouble is now I dont have a printer installed on my computer.
> > When I try to reinstall my printer the computer tells me that the print
> > spooler service is not running. I have gone throught the administrative
> > tools and clicked start on the print spooler and get the following
> > message.
> > Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
> > Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start.
> > Can someone help me restart my print spooler?

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:47:18 PM

After the spooler is started, install the software package from the Lexmark
website.

> The spooler is now running, but I cannot print anything yet. Everything I
> send to the printer just sits there and doesnt print.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> See steps 15 through 17 at:
>> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "wicreteking" <wicreteking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I had my computer proffessionally cleaned out and new antifvirus and
>> >spyware
>> > installed...trouble is now I dont have a printer installed on my
>> > computer.
>> > When I try to reinstall my printer the computer tells me that the print
>> > spooler service is not running. I have gone throught the
>> > administrative
>> > tools and clicked start on the print spooler and get the following
>> > message.
>> > Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
>> > Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start.
>> > Can someone help me restart my print spooler?

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 2:11:02 AM

Why do i want to download from the lexmark website? I have nothing from
Lexmark.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> After the spooler is started, install the software package from the Lexmark
> website.
> www.coribright.com
>
> "wicreteking" <wicreteking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The spooler is now running, but I cannot print anything yet. Everything I
> > send to the printer just sits there and doesnt print.
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> See steps 15 through 17 at:
> >> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> >> www.coribright.com
> >>
> >> "wicreteking" <wicreteking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 10:13:35 PM

OK! Then, install the correct printer drivers for your printer.

!