What kind of games can this laptop play?

Arms 2 is a taxing game; would not run well on that setup

the 610m has 48 cuda cores so will be minimum spec for any taxing game. sim3 will play fine. fallout newvagas will just play at medium or less bf3 will struggle to get 30 fps on minimum.
arma 2 will run on very reduced settings and still have fps issues... if you havent bought it i would say consider something with a 640m minimum if you want to play higher end current games like arma 2/3 or even bf3 which will be some what limited but still playable.
so unless you can find another 300-400 i would say on that lappy no... its not really built for gaming although its not quite as bad as bret suggests...
he seems to be of the opinion if you cant max bf3 out then dont bother... then again he runs computer shops so he would want you to buy the biggest and best even though its pretty irellivant to peoples budgets...
if you dont need mobility then consider a desktop for the same money as the 610 system you can get a very decent entry level pc. with something like a gtx 560ti.
check out the monthly builds on toms for more details on budget gaming systems.

Hi :)

Although I appreciate your opinion, its not about me owning shops that sell both laptops and pcs...

Its about honesty...

Somehow , in the last couple of years, there has come about an impression that cheap laptops CAN play games well...

They CANNOT, even the expensive ones over $2000/£2000 are basically crap at games...

Any serious gamer , or even a semi serious one needs to buy or build a Gaming Pc...

All anyone has to do is look at the SIZE of a decent $500 graphics card and its obvious why laptops cannot play games well...

People who buy a $500 laptop expecting a gaming machine , may as well post their money down the nearest drain....

My shops sell all sorts of machines from basic laptops to Custom gamers PC`s that cost many thousands of pounds, but we are HONEST with our customers , so they know precisely what they are getting for their money...

If they come in expecting a gaming laptop for £400 then we explain and sometimes they leave without buying but at least we know we have been honest...

I can live with that morally...even if its a lost sale...

All the best Brett :)