Presario 12XL505 DVD software

Hi -
I am considering upgrading my 12XL505 laptop from Windows ME to XP. I
think I've found all the drivers/software I'll need to get it to work,
except for DVD player software. My laptop currently has Mediamatics
DVDExpress on it (came with the laptop) which doesn't seem to available any
more. Any suggestions? I assume that XP doesn't have it's own player?
Thanks -
Brian
4 answers Last reply
More about presario 12xl505 software

    Nope. You will have to get your own playback software. Cyberlink's Power DVD
    is a good choice.
    HH

    "B" <bkm1234@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi -
    > I am considering upgrading my 12XL505 laptop from Windows ME to XP. I
    > think I've found all the drivers/software I'll need to get it to work,
    > except for DVD player software. My laptop currently has Mediamatics
    > DVDExpress on it (came with the laptop) which doesn't seem to available
    > any
    > more. Any suggestions? I assume that XP doesn't have it's own player?
    > Thanks -
    > Brian

    "B" <bkm1234@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi -
    > I am considering upgrading my 12XL505 laptop from Windows ME to XP. I
    > think I've found all the drivers/software I'll need to get it to work,
    > except for DVD player software. My laptop currently has Mediamatics
    > DVDExpress on it (came with the laptop) which doesn't seem to available
    any
    > more. Any suggestions? I assume that XP doesn't have it's own player?
    > Thanks -
    > Brian

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=95102&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us
    Microsoft Windows 2000
    Presario Specific Notebook Models DVD Player Software
    02-2001 5065.5 - 16.53M

    or this:
    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/compaqbusinesspcs/us/download/19889.html
    or:
    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqdt/us/download/18865.html

    George

    "B" <bkm1234@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi -
    > I am considering upgrading my 12XL505 laptop from Windows ME to XP. I
    > think I've found all the drivers/software I'll need to get it to work,
    > except for DVD player software. My laptop currently has Mediamatics
    > DVDExpress on it (came with the laptop) which doesn't seem to available
    any
    > more. Any suggestions? I assume that XP doesn't have it's own player?
    > Thanks -
    > Brian

    or:
    Microsoft Windows ME
    Presario Notebooks Mediamatics DVDExpress Software for Windows ME
    10-2001 5065.5 - 16.13M

    George

    Thanks, George!
    Brian

    "George" <georgegg@magnolia.net> wrote in message
    > "B" <bkm1234@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi -
    > > I am considering upgrading my 12XL505 laptop from Windows ME to XP.
    > > think I've found all the drivers/software I'll need to get it to work,
    > > except for DVD player software. My laptop currently has Mediamatics
    > > DVDExpress on it (came with the laptop) which doesn't seem to available
    > any
    > > more. Any suggestions? I assume that XP doesn't have it's own player?
    > > Thanks -
    > > Brian

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=95102&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us
    > Microsoft Windows 2000
    > Presario Specific Notebook Models DVD Player Software
    > 02-2001 5065.5 - 16.53M
    >
    > or this:

    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/compaqbusinesspcs/us/download/19889.html
    > or:
    > http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqdt/us/download/18865.html
    >
    > George

Compaq Laptops Software Windows XP Computers