My 3-year-old Keeps wasting printouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,
I have XP Home -Service Pack 2. I have accounts for each member of
my family and everybody is a limited user except me.

This is the problem. I log my son under his name and run
Preschool programs for him to play. Some of this programs like "Dora
the Explorer" have choices to printout games or coloring pages as easy
as one click.

He keeps hitting the icon and when i notice there is dozens of
printouts in the printer.

How can I disable his access to the printer. Either by
conventional or unconventional means. I really don't want to have to
unplug the USB cable for my printer everytime he sits down to play.

Thank you

--
red996

red996 wrote:
> Hi,
> I have XP Home -Service Pack 2. I have accounts for each member of
> my family and everybody is a limited user except me.
>
> This is the problem. I log my son under his name and run
> Preschool programs for him to play. Some of this programs like "Dora
> the Explorer" have choices to printout games or coloring pages as easy
> as one click.
>
> He keeps hitting the icon and when i notice there is dozens of
> printouts in the printer.
>
> How can I disable his access to the printer. Either by
> conventional or unconventional means. I really don't want to have to
> unplug the USB cable for my printer everytime he sits down to play.
>
> Thank you

And you apparently want to use the computer as a babysitter, and don't
want to try and make the kid understand that if he keeps hitting that
print button he won't be able to use the computer.

>How can I disable his access to the printer. Either by
>conventional or unconventional means.

Start -> "Printers and Faxes" -> Select the icon of the
printer you want to disable and right click ->
Select "Properties" -> Select "Security" tab

Now, select your son's username in the top box. In the
box below, you will see the current permissions for his
account. On the line "Print", tick the box "Deny". Don't
change anything else. Press "Apply", and then "Ok".

Cheers,
Antonio

joysbeer

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Guys, I really enjoy. I have tried to give all the steps. But for some reason, "Security" tab will not appear.As link, they can not provide the file. I will continue to trying.Please let me know if any arise.printable coupons may not be a problem ideas work. A payment to any individual not add a single thing. You must take only the online search topics in the SERP, you will find an excellent report on a web page.

DERP DERP DERP..... TROLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS