starting to use the fax on win xp

i want to use the fax function in win xp,
i don't have the file...fxsapi
i searced both dll and dl_
can i download it from somewhere, where?
or can someone send it to me
thank you, rudy
6 answers Last reply
More about starting

    I'm no great expert but I think the following is what you might need to do:
    Go to control panel
    Select Add/remove programmes
    Select Add/remove Windows components (on LHS bar)
    If the box for Fax is not checked, the check it and hit the go button (can't
    remember what it's called!)
    Hope that helps.

    "starthere_rkraayvanger@rogers.com" wrote:

    > i want to use the fax function in win xp,
    > i don't have the file...fxsapi
    > i searced both dll and dl_
    > can i download it from somewhere, where?
    > or can someone send it to me
    > thank you, rudy

    thank you, did not work
    another suggestions?

    i just tried that and it said i need sp2
    i have sp1a, and sp3, and download all the updates i could from mircosoft.
    but it stiil didn't work.
    do i need the physical sp2 disk?
    or can i download the file "fxsapi" from somewhere?
    or can someone email it to me
    thank you rudy

    "Midge" wrote:

    > I'm no great expert but I think the following is what you might need to do:
    > Go to control panel
    > Select Add/remove programmes
    > Select Add/remove Windows components (on LHS bar)
    > If the box for Fax is not checked, the check it and hit the go button (can't
    > remember what it's called!)
    > Hope that helps.
    >
    > "starthere_rkraayvanger@rogers.com" wrote:
    >
    > > i want to use the fax function in win xp,
    > > i don't have the file...fxsapi
    > > i searced both dll and dl_
    > > can i download it from somewhere, where?
    > > or can someone send it to me
    > > thank you, rudy

    If your installation of Windows XP was from a CD, you will be prompted to
    insert the CD and may need to browse to the i386 Folder so the installation
    routine can find the necessary files. If your installation files are on the
    hard drive, you may need to direct the routine to the i386 Folder there. If
    you have applied SP1 or SP2, these files may have been moved to a different
    folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), and you will need to direct the routine to
    that folder.

    If your installation was performed by an OEM (original equipment
    manufacturer), it will be the responsibility of the OEM to supply those
    files. Unfortunately, the installation disks supplied by many OEM's do not
    contain the necessary files and you will need to contact the OEM to obtain
    them. The fax installation files are not available to download from
    Microsoft.

    "Cannot Copy File Fxscfgwz.dll" Error Message When You Try to Install
    Windows XP Fax Services
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822799

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "rudy kraayvanger" <rudy kraayvanger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:38350D02-3B33-4F19-82FB-267C0BF4BEC4@microsoft.com...
    > thank you, did not work
    > another suggestions?
    >
    > i just tried that and it said i need sp2
    > i have sp1a, and sp3, and download all the updates i could from mircosoft.
    > but it stiil didn't work.
    > do i need the physical sp2 disk?
    > or can i download the file "fxsapi" from somewhere?
    > or can someone email it to me
    > thank you rudy
    >
    > "Midge" wrote:
    >
    > > I'm no great expert but I think the following is what you might need to
    do:
    > > Go to control panel
    > > Select Add/remove programmes
    > > Select Add/remove Windows components (on LHS bar)
    > > If the box for Fax is not checked, the check it and hit the go button
    (can't
    > > remember what it's called!)
    > > Hope that helps.
    > >
    > > "starthere_rkraayvanger@rogers.com" wrote:
    > >
    > > > i want to use the fax function in win xp,
    > > > i don't have the file...fxsapi
    > > > i searced both dll and dl_
    > > > can i download it from somewhere, where?
    > > > or can someone send it to me
    > > > thank you, rudy

    thank you hal
    all my progams where pre-installed
    by the coputer store i bought it from.
    I only recieved one disk from them (my OEM), and you are right it did not
    contain the files i needed.
    I searched the whole disk and my entire computer from any kind of fax file
    and i found none!
    is it possible to order a new disk from microsoft?
    thanks again

    List the steps you are using, what happens, and the source of your Windows
    XP installation files.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "tommo" <tommo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > "starthere_rkraayvanger@rogers.com" wrote:
    >
    >> i want to use the fax function in win xp,
    >> i don't have the file...fxsapi
    >> i searced both dll and dl_
    >> can i download it from somewhere, where?
    >> or can someone send it to me
    >> thank you, rudy

Fax Microsoft Windows XP