starting to use the fax on win xp

January 31, 2005 1:17:28 PM

i want to use the fax function in win xp,
i don't have the file...fxsapi
i searced both dll and dl_
can i download it from somewhere, where?
or can someone send it to me
thank you, rudy

More about : starting fax win

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 1:21:09 PM

I'm no great expert but I think the following is what you might need to do:
Go to control panel
Select Add/remove programmes
Select Add/remove Windows components (on LHS bar)
If the box for Fax is not checked, the check it and hit the go button (can't
remember what it's called!)
Hope that helps.

"starthere_rkraayvanger@rogers.com" wrote:

> i want to use the fax function in win xp,
> i don't have the file...fxsapi
> i searced both dll and dl_
> can i download it from somewhere, where?
> or can someone send it to me
> thank you, rudy
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 1:31:02 PM

thank you, did not work
another suggestions?

i just tried that and it said i need sp2
i have sp1a, and sp3, and download all the updates i could from mircosoft.
but it stiil didn't work.
do i need the physical sp2 disk?
or can i download the file "fxsapi" from somewhere?
or can someone email it to me
thank you rudy

"Midge" wrote:

> I'm no great expert but I think the following is what you might need to do:
> Go to control panel
> Select Add/remove programmes
> Select Add/remove Windows components (on LHS bar)
> If the box for Fax is not checked, the check it and hit the go button (can't
> remember what it's called!)
> Hope that helps.
>
> "starthere_rkraayvanger@rogers.com" wrote:
>
> > i want to use the fax function in win xp,
> > i don't have the file...fxsapi
> > i searced both dll and dl_
> > can i download it from somewhere, where?
> > or can someone send it to me
> > thank you, rudy
January 31, 2005 3:40:13 PM

If your installation of Windows XP was from a CD, you will be prompted to
insert the CD and may need to browse to the i386 Folder so the installation
routine can find the necessary files. If your installation files are on the
hard drive, you may need to direct the routine to the i386 Folder there. If
you have applied SP1 or SP2, these files may have been moved to a different
folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), and you will need to direct the routine to
that folder.

If your installation was performed by an OEM (original equipment
manufacturer), it will be the responsibility of the OEM to supply those
files. Unfortunately, the installation disks supplied by many OEM's do not
contain the necessary files and you will need to contact the OEM to obtain
them. The fax installation files are not available to download from
Microsoft.

"Cannot Copy File Fxscfgwz.dll" Error Message When You Try to Install
Windows XP Fax Services
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822799

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"rudy kraayvanger" <rudy kraayvanger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:38350D02-3B33-4F19-82FB-267C0BF4BEC4@microsoft.com...
> thank you, did not work
> another suggestions?
>
> i just tried that and it said i need sp2
> i have sp1a, and sp3, and download all the updates i could from mircosoft.
> but it stiil didn't work.
> do i need the physical sp2 disk?
> or can i download the file "fxsapi" from somewhere?
> or can someone email it to me
> thank you rudy
>
> "Midge" wrote:
>
> > I'm no great expert but I think the following is what you might need to
do:
> > Go to control panel
> > Select Add/remove programmes
> > Select Add/remove Windows components (on LHS bar)
> > If the box for Fax is not checked, the check it and hit the go button
(can't
> > remember what it's called!)
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > "starthere_rkraayvanger@rogers.com" wrote:
> >
> > > i want to use the fax function in win xp,
> > > i don't have the file...fxsapi
> > > i searced both dll and dl_
> > > can i download it from somewhere, where?
> > > or can someone send it to me
> > > thank you, rudy
January 31, 2005 6:47:03 PM

thank you hal
all my progams where pre-installed
by the coputer store i bought it from.
I only recieved one disk from them (my OEM), and you are right it did not
contain the files i needed.
I searched the whole disk and my entire computer from any kind of fax file
and i found none!
is it possible to order a new disk from microsoft?
thanks again

"Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]" wrote:

> If your installation of Windows XP was from a CD, you will be prompted to
> insert the CD and may need to browse to the i386 Folder so the installation
> routine can find the necessary files. If your installation files are on the
> hard drive, you may need to direct the routine to the i386 Folder there. If
> you have applied SP1 or SP2, these files may have been moved to a different
> folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), and you will need to direct the routine to
> that folder.
>
> If your installation was performed by an OEM (original equipment
> manufacturer), it will be the responsibility of the OEM to supply those
> files. Unfortunately, the installation disks supplied by many OEM's do not
> contain the necessary files and you will need to contact the OEM to obtain
> them. The fax installation files are not available to download from
> Microsoft.
>
> "Cannot Copy File Fxscfgwz.dll" Error Message When You Try to Install
> Windows XP Fax Services
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822799
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "rudy kraayvanger" <rudy kraayvanger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:38350D02-3B33-4F19-82FB-267C0BF4BEC4@microsoft.com...
> > thank you, did not work
> > another suggestions?
> >
> > i just tried that and it said i need sp2
> > i have sp1a, and sp3, and download all the updates i could from mircosoft.
> > but it stiil didn't work.
> > do i need the physical sp2 disk?
> > or can i download the file "fxsapi" from somewhere?
> > or can someone email it to me
> > thank you rudy
> >
> > "Midge" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm no great expert but I think the following is what you might need to
> do:
> > > Go to control panel
> > > Select Add/remove programmes
> > > Select Add/remove Windows components (on LHS bar)
> > > If the box for Fax is not checked, the check it and hit the go button
> (can't
> > > remember what it's called!)
> > > Hope that helps.

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 3:33:03 PM

"starthere_rkraayvanger@rogers.com" wrote:

> i want to use the fax function in win xp,
> i don't have the file...fxsapi
> i searced both dll and dl_
> can i download it from somewhere, where?
> or can someone send it to me
> thank you, rudy
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 8:08:27 PM