Poor results to OC P4T-E

mis3

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2001
My system: P4-2.2, Asus P4T-E, 4*256MB Samsung RDRAM.

With the jumper-free mode, I can OC up to 112 FSB.

I then tried to use the jumpers to OC. I first disable the JumperFree mode, then set the frequency multiplier witches (1-4) to 22 and the frequency selection switches (6-10) to different frequencies. Again, I could go up to 112 and that's it. At 115, it gave a message asked me to backup my data immediately... and hangs at POST. At 120, there was no signal to the monitor (the light indicator on my monitor remained yellow, did not go into green).

Did I do anything wrong?

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yes, do as crash says. try increasing the core voltage of the processor, as well as the RDRAM modules. with all 4 slots occupied the memory bus is pretty much loaded and hence needs more power. The memory could be the one making the problem. Alternatively, you reduce the memory to half and check whether you can oc higher. If you can, its the memory alright. increase the memory voltage. Or you can reduced the FSB/mem ratio to 3/4 or 1/2 to ensure memory runs within limits.

Again, the 2.2G chip consumes a lot more power since it runs faster and has twice the cache so it does need more power. raising the processor core voltage should be fine.

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>