My 3-year-old Keeps wasting printouts

Antonio thanks for your reply.

I have tried this before as recommended on windows help. For some
reason when I hit preferences there is no security tab. I have tried
surfing the preferences but no luck. Also i have deleted all printers
and runned the hardware wizard, new driver same problem. the printer
is HP Deskjet 932c.

--
red996

>Antonio thanks for your reply.

You are welcome. :)

>For some
>reason when I hit preferences there is no security tab.

Ok, please follow these instructions to enable the security
tab:

1) Open "Windows Explorer" (shortcut WIN Key + E)
2) Go to "Tools" -> "Folder Options" -> Select the "View" tab
3) In the list of options, you will find "Use simple file
sharing (Recommended)". Uncheck this (by default it is
checked). Select "Apply" and "OK".

At this point you should be able to see the tab "Security"
in the "Properties" of your printer and follow the
procedure I suggested to you in my last post.

HTH,
Antonio

I just saw that you are using Windows XP Home. The
procedure I outlined it doesn't work if you are running XP
Home, in fact the option "Simple File Sharing" can't be
disabled on it from the "View tab". In this case you may
wish to read these alternative solutions:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_security_tab.htm
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_home_sectab.htm

HTH,
Antonio

"red996" <red996.1jscdq@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Antonio thanks for your reply.
>
> I have tried this before as recommended on windows help. For some
> reason when I hit preferences there is no security tab. I have
> tried
> surfing the preferences but no luck. Also i have deleted all
> printers
> and runned the hardware wizard, new driver same problem. the
> printer
> is HP Deskjet 932c.
>

> --
> red996

You have to be using the NTFS file system and simple file-sharing
must be turned off with Windows XP Home Edition.

--
Earl F. Parrish