How do you delete/uninstall printer driver?

I have 2 computers. One with XP Professional, the other Windows 98. They
are network connected. While using the XP pc, I printed to the printer on
the 98 pc which uses an HP Office Jet R80. When I first tried to print, a
dialog box appeared and said I needed to install the driver for the printer,
which I did and it worked fine. However, I accidentally installed the HPOJ
R60 instead of the R80. I know they both work fine, but for the sake of
learning, I want to delete the R60 driver. I tried deleting the entire
printer from the printer list, but when I re-installed with the correct R80
driver, the R60 driver still appears in the printer properties drop down
list. I know this doesn't matter, especially if I can print, but I want to
learn how to delete or uninstall the R60 driver while keeping the R80 driver.
At the least, I want to be able to delete the printer, reinstall, and only
have the R80 driver in the properties drop down list. Any suggestions???

"Viceman" <viceman010@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 computers. One with XP Professional, the other Windows
>98. They
> are network connected. While using the XP pc, I printed to the
> printer on
> the 98 pc which uses an HP Office Jet R80. When I first tried to
> print, a
> dialog box appeared and said I needed to install the driver for
> the printer,
> which I did and it worked fine. However, I accidentally installed
> the HPOJ
> R60 instead of the R80. I know they both work fine, but for the
> sake of
> learning, I want to delete the R60 driver. I tried deleting the
> entire
> printer from the printer list, but when I re-installed with the
> correct R80
> driver, the R60 driver still appears in the printer properties
> drop down
> list. I know this doesn't matter, especially if I can print, but
> I want to
> learn how to delete or uninstall the R60 driver while keeping the
> R80 driver.
> At the least, I want to be able to delete the printer, reinstall,
> and only
> have the R80 driver in the properties drop down list. Any
> suggestions???

In the Printer and Faxes window, pull down the File menu and choose
Server Properties. All your drivers will be listed there under the
Drivers tab. Usually when you reinstall a printer, you will be
asked if you want to keep an existing driver. If you choose No, you
get the opportunity to browse for another one or choose Have Disk.

--
Earl F. Parrish

Thank you!! Your instructions were perfect!! It never asked me if I wanted
to keep an existing driver though, but everything else was exactly as you
described. Much appreciated!