Light on printer will not go out when paper is in printer

The light that tells you that there is no paper in printer will not go out
when there is paper in printer. The printer therefore will not start to
print. I have checked what I could and I cleared the cache. i also turned
off the printer and the computer hoping that the memory might clear. This is
not my printer. It ie my daughters. It is a Hewlett Packard 610 CL and she
is using it with Windows Home Edition XP. Hopefully someone can tell me what
is causing the problem as she is going to blame me for it happening. I am
using hers as she lives next door, we have the same server and mine is in the
shop.
--
Take care, Irene
1 answer Last reply

    Solve a problem - HP Deskjet 610cl Printer
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/solveCategory?dlc=en&lc=en&product=61560&lang=en&cc=us

    Fixing Paper Feed Problems on HP 600 Series Printers
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=61560&lang=en&cc=us&docname=bpd09137

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "ridgerunner" wrote:

    | The light that tells you that there is no paper in printer will not go out
    | when there is paper in printer. The printer therefore will not start to
    | print. I have checked what I could and I cleared the cache. i also turned
    | off the printer and the computer hoping that the memory might clear. This is
    | not my printer. It ie my daughters. It is a Hewlett Packard 610 CL and she
    | is using it with Windows Home Edition XP. Hopefully someone can tell me what
    | is causing the problem as she is going to blame me for it happening. I am
    | using hers as she lives next door, we have the same server and mine is in the
    | shop.
    | --
    | Take care, Irene

Light Printers Windows XP