Closed Solved

Skyrim loads but crashes when main menu appears

When i boot up skyrim, the maker logo appears then when the main menus appears the game crashes and ive tried, reinstalling, changing the client to old client then rerunning it again. any suggestions?
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about skyrim loads crashes main menu appears
  1. Need more info.
    -specs
    -when did this start happening
    -what changed in between the game running fine and beginning of this behavior?
  2. AntiZig said:
    Need more info.
    -specs
    -when did this start happening
    -what changed in between the game running fine and beginning of this behavior?


    model Dell Inspiron 1545
    intel(R) core(TM) 2 duo cpu T6600 @ 2.20Hz 2.20
    video card- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330
    windows 64 bit
    4GB of ram

    if u need the motherboard let me know ill have to figure out away to look for it
  3. and it happened right around when i reached 45 hrs of game time. last....saturday so the 18th i believe
  4. I don't think time is relevant. Did you get a patch or install some program? update graphics drivers?

    Verify integrity of game files through steam.

    Do you have any mods installed? - if yes, uninstall them.

    Make sure your power profile is set to maximum performance and make sure there's no extra settings in Catalyst Control Center.

    Also, check your temperatures please, cpu and gpu both (hwinfo, hwmonitor, msi afterburner, etc)
  5. AntiZig said:
    I don't think time is relevant. Did you get a patch or install some program? update graphics drivers?

    Verify integrity of game files through steam.

    Do you have any mods installed? - if yes, uninstall them.

    Make sure your power profile is set to maximum performance and make sure there's no extra settings in Catalyst Control Center.

    Also, check your temperatures please, cpu and gpu both (hwinfo, hwmonitor, msi afterburner, etc)


    i verified the integrity 3 times. i do have mods installed, ill uninstall those after i get home, and i have a cooling pad on my laptop but it does get slightly hot when i play World of Tanks, where would i check the temperatures at?
  6. right at this moment the gpu temp is 55.5c with only spotify, and crome open

    with world of tanks open it climbs to 67.5c when in game lobby, ill check later how high it climbs to when i play tonight
  7. this type of thing is almost 100% of the time mod related becuase it starts checking the compatibility of mods and verifying and so forth right when the main menu opens
  8. iyzik said:
    this type of thing is almost 100% of the time mod related becuase it starts checking the compatibility of mods and verifying and so forth right when the main menu opens


    so basically get rid of the most recent mods or all of them, and how do i get rid of them?
  9. Best answer
    pacifichero45 said:
    so basically get rid of the most recent mods or all of them, and how do i get rid of them?


    Yep exactly. Well it depends if you installed them from Steam workshop or from Skyrim Nexus. If Nexus then you will need to manually delete the data files, and if steam workshop them just delete them from Skyrim launcher.
    A much easier way than deleting them all though would just be to not load them (uncheck them in launcher).
  10. iyzik said:
    Yep exactly. Well it depends if you installed them from Steam workshop or from Skyrim Nexus. If Nexus then you will need to manually delete the data files, and if steam workshop them just delete them from Skyrim launcher.
    A much easier way than deleting them all though would just be to not load them (uncheck them in launcher).


    i used workshop
  11. iyzik said:
    Yep exactly. Well it depends if you installed them from Steam workshop or from Skyrim Nexus. If Nexus then you will need to manually delete the data files, and if steam workshop them just delete them from Skyrim launcher.
    A much easier way than deleting them all though would just be to not load them (uncheck them in launcher).


    and i checked off the latest ones i got, and it still crashed, just deleted some so we'll see if it works
  12. i fixed it by getting rid of a few mods, its back in working order, thanks guys :D
  13. Much easier to delete with workshop. Try just unloading all mods you have, including HD Texture pack if you have it. (the problem could be caused by a 2K texture pack from workshop conflicting with Beth's own HD Texture pack).
  14. Best answer selected by pacifichero45.
  15. can u guys answer a bit easy english about..i am not familiar with these mods..i am having the same problem
    what do i do?
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Boot Skyrim Video Games