Bad recoil problem in Counter strike 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiran12

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Whenever i shoot continuously,most of the bullets go out of aim.I don't understand why.I can hardly hit 2-3 bullets to damage enemy but very raer to kill.Yes,i know this game have recoil but this situation is more than that.

I have hd 6670 1gb ddr5 (i understand gpu doesn't matter in this game) and iball aero dynamic mouse.My friend has nvidia 9800gt 512mb and iball style09 mouse.He don't get much recoil,he can able to kill 3-4 ppl at a time by shooting continuously.In that case, i can barely kill 1 enemy.Thats really strange.The same goes for cs source too..

At first i thought its the problem that i have normal optical mouse(not a gaming mouse) but i was wrong.

What could be the reason for this recoil thing? Is the problem with graphic settings?

have you tried to play on your friend's computer? see if you can get better results playing on his computer, if yes, then there could be something wrong. If not, then it's your skills against his. Recoil is the fundamental mechanic of the game in CS, understanding how it works and how to use various weapons properly is what separates good players from great players

Bottom line, from your description I don't believe there's a problem

noise

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
You could be getting 'reg' issues if your internet connection is suffering from packet loss. You'd also notice jerking when moving.

In all honesty CS:S is a hard game and it took me a long time to get anywhere in it mainly down to the requirement of very fine mouse control and reaction speed.

Using desert eagle pistol only for a while is good for improving your skill. Failing that, P90 ... spray and pray :D

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
well if in CS 1.6 your friend may understand the spray is linear to above the croshair so he aims the top of the cross hair along people heads and that is how is can get so many kills, cant explain CS:S though

kiran12

Honorable
May 11, 2012

yes,I played on his computer.There isn't much recoil with it.The shooting is far better on his pc than mine..
We both get 100fps constant even in smoke..My ping is 65 and his ping is 30..

As far as i know,i can play better than him with better aim.But when it comes to continuous shoot then i miss the target even the aim is on the enemy.

So I tried to shoot at the wall to test my recoil thing.It goes like a ladder from bottom to top even the crosshair is at the same place and i even hold the mouse towards backwards to control recoil. :cry:

kiran12

Honorable
May 11, 2012

May be i should try that but somewhat far away from my home.

Does buying a gaming mouse will solve this problem ?

check your rates. go to some server and type in !rates, most servers will pm you the rates that they expect you to have. you can then check those rates via console (~ key)

do some spray testing on a wall. Keep in mind that different weapons have different rate of recoil and spread, it also matters whether you're standing, crouching, moving, etc.

Afaik, ak and m4a1 if you spray, the first 3-4 maybe 5 bullets land at the cross hairs, after that it jigs up quite a lot, but I believe it doesn't pass the top mark of the vertical crosshair (which adjusts when you're spraying)

Status
Not open for further replies.