AMD Cooling

G

Hello,
I am new to this forum and have a question about cooling my AMD. I recently upgraded to a Gigabyte 7VTXH+ mobo with the kt266a chipset, an Athlon Tbird 1.3ghz and 256ddr ram. I currently have the heatsink and fan that was supplied by the retail store and my core temp is running between 65C and 70C. Is that a little high? I have an extra case fan along with a slot fan located below my vid card and my case temp is around 45C. My system freezes up at times, but I think its due to my os(WindowsME) and because my vid card(Voodoo5) doesnt like this mobo. Anyway, any help as to what kind of heatsink would be best would be greatly appreciated.

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
As for cooling, I dont know much about the Tbirds, but your crashing might be because of Me and your Voodoo. I had the hardest time getting a friends voodoo 3 to run under XP Pro. Just ended up having to try different drivers till it worked.

Crashing takes on a whole new meaning at 9.8 m/s. :tongue:

G

Just got back from the local computer store and the 2 HSF that looked the best was a Volcano6+ and a GlobalWin(not sure what model number but fan ran at 7000rpm). If I remember correctly, the Volcano had a copper hs and the other one didnt. Which would be my best choice out of the 2?