Print driver will not install

I am trying to install a print driver on a Windows XP Dell Laptop computer.
Each time it displays "Operation could not be completed" The print spooler
is running. It did not matter what driver I tried to install. Also, I
noticed that there is not a list of available printers when using the Add
printers program.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
gjw
2 answers Last reply

    What make and model printer are you trying to install?

    Are you logged on as an Administrator?
    www.coribright.com

    "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to install a print driver on a Windows XP Dell Laptop computer.
    > Each time it displays "Operation could not be completed" The print
    > spooler
    > is running. It did not matter what driver I tried to install. Also, I
    > noticed that there is not a list of available printers when using the Add
    > printers program.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > gjw

    It did not matter what printer I tried to install. I tried to install a HP
    2200 laserjet driver, Xerox Phaser 8400 driver. I was logged on as an
    administrator.

    Since this correspondence, I have re-imaged the computer.
    It appears that one way to correct this issue was to boot off of the XP CD
    and choose Repair. I did not try this though.

    Thanks,

    Jerry

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > What make and model printer are you trying to install?
    >
    > Are you logged on as an Administrator?
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am trying to install a print driver on a Windows XP Dell Laptop computer.
    > > Each time it displays "Operation could not be completed" The print
    > > spooler
    > > is running. It did not matter what driver I tried to install. Also, I
    > > noticed that there is not a list of available printers when using the Add
    > > printers program.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    > >
    > > --
    > > gjw