Print driver will not install

February 2, 2005 2:43:04 PM

I am trying to install a print driver on a Windows XP Dell Laptop computer.
Each time it displays "Operation could not be completed" The print spooler
is running. It did not matter what driver I tried to install. Also, I
noticed that there is not a list of available printers when using the Add
printers program.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
gjw

More about : print driver install

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:42:31 PM

What make and model printer are you trying to install?

Are you logged on as an Administrator?
www.coribright.com

"Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install a print driver on a Windows XP Dell Laptop computer.
> Each time it displays "Operation could not be completed" The print
> spooler
> is running. It did not matter what driver I tried to install. Also, I
> noticed that there is not a list of available printers when using the Add
> printers program.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> --
> gjw

February 7, 2005 11:55:03 AM

It did not matter what printer I tried to install. I tried to install a HP
2200 laserjet driver, Xerox Phaser 8400 driver. I was logged on as an
administrator.

Since this correspondence, I have re-imaged the computer.
It appears that one way to correct this issue was to boot off of the XP CD
and choose Repair. I did not try this though.

Thanks,

Jerry

!