bonehead

Hi,

I run a network on Windows NT 4 server, with a mix of XP and NT clients.
Some of my clients need to connections to numerous printers. The NT clients
can connect to 10+ printers at a time. The XP clients can usually have only
connect to 5 printers at a time. A few of the XP clients are lucky to connect
to 2 printers at a time.

All the clients are in the same branch connecting to the same printers. Why
does one PC get 5 printers while his neighbor only gets 2?

What can I do to increase the number of printers XP can connect to?

How many printer connections does windows 2000 allow?

XP Home allows 5 simultaneous connections
XP Pro allows 10 simultaneous connections
Windows 2000 SBS allows 49 simultaneous connectiins
Windows 2003 SBS allows 74 simultaneous connections
Windows 2000 Server and 2003 Server allow unlimited connections
www.coribright.com