Epson C86 and SP2

terry

I just bought a new Epson C86 and I can't get it to print correctly on my SP2
systems. The printer will print the first job correctly, but throws away any
subsequent print request. When I try to queue up the second print job, I can
watch it build in the print spooler just fine. But as soon as the print job
is built, it throws the job away - no error messages, just no print out!

My current work around is to close the application I am using (Photoshop),
run to the Windows XP Services from the Control Panel and stop/restart the
print spooler. When I do that I can print one more job just fine, and then
I'm dead until I stop/restart the print spooler again.

I have tried this printer on 3 different XP SP2 system with the same
results. I have also deleted all other printer from the system and reloaded
the Epson C86 print driver by itself - same problem. And I have worked
through 3 levels of Epson support just to hear them tell me this is a
Microsoft problem within SP2.

Anybody got a fix for this one???

Terry wrote:
> I just bought a new Epson C86 and I can't get it to print correctly on my SP2
> systems. The printer will print the first job correctly, but throws away any
> subsequent print request. When I try to queue up the second print job, I can
> watch it build in the print spooler just fine. But as soon as the print job
> is built, it throws the job away - no error messages, just no print out!
>
> My current work around is to close the application I am using (Photoshop),
> run to the Windows XP Services from the Control Panel and stop/restart the
> print spooler. When I do that I can print one more job just fine, and then
> I'm dead until I stop/restart the print spooler again.
>
> I have tried this printer on 3 different XP SP2 system with the same
> results. I have also deleted all other printer from the system and reloaded
> the Epson C86 print driver by itself - same problem. And I have worked
> through 3 levels of Epson support just to hear them tell me this is a
> Microsoft problem within SP2.
>
> Anybody got a fix for this one???

I'm using a C86 with SP2 and there are no problems. You might want to
download the latest driver from Epson from here:
http://tinyurl.com/63udy. There's also a troubleshooting guide on that
page. Uninstall the present driver, delete the printer, disconnect the
printer, reboot the computer, install the new driver then reconnect the
printer and turn it on.