Very Slow Printing to Shared Printer

LAN of 2 XP Pro computers.
One computer has EPXON 880i printer that is shared.
The local computer can print OK.
The networked computer can print on the shared printer but it takes nearly 1
minute!
Slowness is application independent. Notepad, Word, etc. all the same.
No internet connection. No firewalls enabled.

I tried everything I could think of:
Uninstalled all printers.
Downloaded new drivers and installed them.
Tried printing direct to printer and spooled - no difference.

Used suggestion to set up the networked printer on the distant machine on a
"local" port.
No change.

Any suggestions? This is baffling.
1 answer Last reply
More about very slow printing shared printer

    Hi Fred,
    same Problems here!! Deleating the DevModes from the "hkey_Current User"
    tree seams to fix the slowness temporaly. If you go to the printpreferences
    of the printer the entrys are back in the Current User Tree and the Printers
    are slow again.
    I also started a Thread for slow Network Printers.

    http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax&tid=a2e11d35-b833-481f-818e-e5b5223c0d7e&cat=en_US_295e25fd-cb01-43b9-9e23-2cbd66da94fc&lang=en&cr=US&p=1

    "Fred Marshall" wrote:

    > LAN of 2 XP Pro computers.
    > One computer has EPXON 880i printer that is shared.
    > The local computer can print OK.
    > The networked computer can print on the shared printer but it takes nearly 1
    > minute!
    > Slowness is application independent. Notepad, Word, etc. all the same.
    > No internet connection. No firewalls enabled.
    >
    > I tried everything I could think of:
    > Uninstalled all printers.
    > Downloaded new drivers and installed them.
    > Tried printing direct to printer and spooled - no difference.
    >
    > Used suggestion to set up the networked printer on the distant machine on a
    > "local" port.
    > No change.
    >
    > Any suggestions? This is baffling.

Computers Shared Printer Printers Windows XP