Sign in with
Your question

Made a gaming pc and hate it?

Last response: in Video Games
a b 4 Gaming
August 20, 2012 3:04:33 PM

Well i like to use controllers for gaming, if there are games that i like i try to use K/M but for games that support controllers i use them. As I'm new i am rubbish with the keyboard as i've used controllers for 12+ years. PC is much better but it' seems to hard to adapt.

More about : made gaming hate

a b 4 Gaming
August 20, 2012 3:22:31 PM

it will take 6 weeks to get used to it and 6 months b4 your fully adapted.
i fyou have a wired 360 controller you can use it without much hassle on a lot of games. especially console to pc ports... games ported from pc to console will always work better on the keyboard and mouse though. be patient and it will happen for you.
i had the same issue about 6 years ago when i started playing pc games again it took a fair while to get fully proficient and comfy with the switch over.
a b 4 Gaming
August 20, 2012 3:28:55 PM

HEXiT said:
it will take 6 weeks to get used to it and 6 months b4 your fully adapted.
i fyou have a wired 360 controller you can use it without much hassle on a lot of games. especially console to pc ports... games ported from pc to console will always work better on the keyboard and mouse though. be patient and it will happen for you.
i had the same issue about 6 years ago when i started playing pc games again it took a fair while to get fully proficient and comfy with the switch over.

I'm using my tv so it' no different in that way, I'm using my dualshock as i like that best, but it does have its drewbacks.
Related resources
August 20, 2012 3:48:48 PM

i have been playing games on PC and console for years now and have found it easier to play FPS games with a mouse and keyboard, where as a platformer or side scroller i prefer a controller. I just find that aiming with a thumb compared to a full hand motion leaves too much margin for error and is much harder to adapt to. plus there is always more sensitivity control when it comes to hardware and software with mice on PC.

but heck you put me up against my brother in a PC shooter ill mop the floor with him, but put a controller in my hands and ill be lucky if i get one kill on him.
August 21, 2012 3:57:25 AM

Play both.
Games like GTA 4, Skyrim I use my 360 controller.
But something like Left 4 dead 2 should always be played with mouse and keyboard ;P
August 22, 2012 11:36:12 PM

I can't stand controllers. I'm always using mouse and keyboard!
a b 4 Gaming
August 23, 2012 2:03:09 PM

The only things I've liked using controllers for are action games - fighting (tekken, soul calibur, etc), racing and platformers (devil may cry, sly cooper, etc) For everything else I've found keyboard + mouse to be far superior.

My advice, learn to type on the keyboard without looking at it, once your hands learn the keys to a point that you don't need to think about pushing them, your performance on the M/K will improve significantly.
a b 4 Gaming
August 23, 2012 9:58:45 PM

+1 that. touch typing will serve you great in gaming. although it is a propper skill and will take years to master it properly. its well worth the effort.

how? get a sheet of a4 or a dish cloth(clean and dry ;)  )and rest it over your hands,
first start by placing your hands comfortably over the keys then touch the keys under your fingers. start typing your name and address in full at first over and over then if you like find a page of text from a book and try that. after a while your fingers will start finding the keys themselves without you having to think about it to much. after 6 months of a half hour a day you will be a fast typer after a year you will be as fast as most any typist.
you may think this is daft but really it will have adramatic effect on gaming..
some other things you can do.
instead of using wasd use esdf as this gives an extra set of keys your pinky can hit without straying to far from shift and ctrl. thus giving you more control options under your left hand. again seems daft but it works.
!