Canon Fax CISIF.dll error ParOpen() doesn't work error

Hello,

after I reinstalled Windows XP with SP2 I cannot install my canon fax l-350
(german title). The setup quits with the subject's message. I searched the
web and found some other people having the same problem. But i didn't find a
solution. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

jjdul

Solution:
1) deleted the cisif.dll from your computer if which existed;
2) Disable the Parallel Port in the Device Manager and Restart. ( prohibited XP automatically detection the print)
3) Run fax l-350 setup again, when the installation pass the the first dialog box, (maybe second, I do not remember) , enable the Parallel Port just at the same time.
4) Run l-350 setup XP patch.

TRENDING THREADS