The Hottest Apps of 2011, Week 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
ugh i hate seeing them called APPS!!! if i run it on windows it's a PROGRAM!!! if it's on my phone then it's an APP. Please don't let this become a thing...

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
[citation][nom]killbits[/nom]ugh i hate seeing them called APPS!!! if i run it on windows it's a PROGRAM!!! if it's on my phone then it's an APP. Please don't let this become a thing...[/citation]

They're actually called Applications... Hence where the name came from, they're both the same thing.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]killbits[/nom]ugh i hate seeing them called APPS!!! if i run it on windows it's a PROGRAM!!! if it's on my phone then it's an APP. Please don't let this become a thing...[/citation]

It is still software no matter what platform runs it. It's still, for the most part, running on the application layer of the osi model regardles of platform.
Just because a certain company thinks it has the rights to the shape and name of an apple, the letter i and calls it's download site appstore doesn't mean that the generic meaning of an apple, the letter i or any part of the word appstore has been lost. Most of the world still recognize them for what they are, and not for what a Steve wants them to.

Though a firefox extension, you should seriously consider Firegestures. After using it for about 2 weeks, any computer that does NOT have it is painfully unfamiliar. It speeds up web-browsing 10fold, and is a very unique app.

Status
Not open for further replies.