Fams and heatsinks !

G

Hello !

Looks like I will need a bit of info !

For the CPU heatsink what one would be good for the 1800+ XP to the 2100+ XP that moves a good amount of heat ?

For the CPU Heat Ssink

On the fan for a heatsink what RPM should I look for like say 5000 RMP to 7000 RPM ?
And what should be a good DB to keep under
say 15 BD to 25 DB ?

Also I am looking to minmize all noise and I am not so keen on the water systems as water and computers + a cat dose not add to a very good state of being sure it boots next time ! :)

A computer built with some performace in mind will give you 10% more bang for your bulk s (ºoº)

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I have a thermalright AX7 that I like. It takes a 80mm fan so a Panaflo fan would be good. I'm using a Sunon that pushes 39CFM at 32dba 3900RPM.

For the dba you are looking for, I think you will be disappointed in performance. Panaflo fans are good, but not that good!

<font color=red>People and hard drives are like bandwagon fans and sports!</font color=red>

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
I have a few questions for you and then I could go find one for your specs if you like.

1. What size fan are you looking for? (60mm, 70mm, 80mm, 92mm, 120mm or larger.)

2. What is the CFM that you are looking for?

RPMs are not the only factor in looking for a fan.

<b>"I put instant coffee in the microwave and almost went back in time" - Steven Wright</b> :lol: