Best big gaming mouse?

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I am looking for a new gaming mouse. Right now I have the Razer Orochi, which I got back around 2007 when I was like 9 or so. Obviously, my hand has grown since then and now I have rather large hands, and using the Orochi is uncomfortable. I would like a decent gaming mouse for around $80 that will fit my hand comforatably. I'm thinking about either the Logitech G9x, the Logitech G700, or the R.A.T. 5. What's your opinion on them? Any other recommendations?

axxe_kid

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
ok i'm going to say the G700 is not a good choice,
it looks great, but the lazer is really high on the bottom of the mouse, more where your fingers are, than the middle.

I'm currently using the G9x which is great, its has 2 different grips to suite your hand and 8, 4-7gram weights.

there are plenty of decent mice out there but the best 1s cost a bit more,,, the rat 5 is fine for most but its not as nice as the 7/contagin or infection and 9
what you want is an accurate mouse and thats different...
finding a mouse with zero prediction/acceleration and costs less than 50 is still a challange but can be done the updated g400 the kova + roccat kone are all 30 or less and do the job as well if not better than a lot of higher price mice.
razer have very few mice worth shouting about but the latest death adder is 1 of them. then theres corsair and coolermanster 2 new entrrants to the mouse and keyboard markets and both have made a splash with some very nice products... well worth a look...
but the best thing to do is go to a shop a look at em... best find a retailer thats exclusivley electonics hardware as they are more likely to have a few different mice on display for you to at least palm feel...

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012

I could do the RAT 7 if it's worth it. What is your opinion on it?

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Not an opinion on the RAT 7, but I just wanted to second whoever mentioned the Deathadder. It's a very sound mouse, built for large hands. It has a trustworthy sensor and it's by far and away Razer's best product both in quality control and in actual usefulness. The price is right on it, so I would second it. Another mouse (that costs about the same as a Deathadder) that has a very good sensor and is a large ergonomic mouse is the Zowie EC1 eVo. Personally I really like the sensor in the Zowie (it's the same as the sensor in my current mouse, the AM) in that it has no accel and no prediction. The sensor in the Deathadder is also free of those two problems making these two mice very strong choices for someone who wants a large ergonomic mouse. If you want a large ambidextrous mouse with the same quality sensor as the two aforementioned, then you're pretty much SOL :( . There are plenty of large ambidextrous mice (such as the Steelseries Sensei) but they all have issues with acceleration or prediction or both in the sensor.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Can you describe its perfect tracking? On what surfaces? Which sensor being used? I like how they spread Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 apart a bit.

obsidian1261

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

its just really smooth. i think its an avago 9500 with a custom lens. I use it on a hard surface like most other laser mice.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

You realize aside from a few abjectly poor mice, almost every mouse is really smooth right? That's not really a performance feature of a good sensor, as much as it is a feature of every sensor in other words.

axleh93

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012

I agree 600% such a comfortable mouse in the hand, with side buttons in the perfect places and a great customisation program which lets you create profiles for different games and tasks. Best bang for buck gaming mouse on the market imho.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Bestbuy carries them usually, so try to stop by if you have one locally and put a hand on it to make sure that it's comfortable.

Marley217

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
I actually own the deathadder, but I'm considering to return it since it is way to small.
I do use a palm grip which might influence things, but the logitech G400 and the sharkoon fireglider are both quite a bit bigger.
did you already buy the deathadder? How do you like it?

Marley217

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

I didn't find the deathadder to be suited for me. I have fairly large hands, but I use the palm grip.
It wasn't high enough, which positioned my pinky very awkwardly on the sides which gave me cramps in my pinky. I also found the deathadder to be very slippery. I am feeling like I'm the only one that dislikes it, since everyone else seems to love it so much

Marley217

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

Yes, the roccat kone xtd. It is bigger and it has a much better grip with its rubber coat.
Another thing to consider, the razer drivers are absolute shit, you actually need an internet connection to install the driver.
The Kone xtd on the other hand, can actually save macro settings on the mouse itself.