for all TH7II P4 ocers out there

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
at first my problem was just a random restart upon first boot up of the day, but i have noticed more and more things that are going wrong now. first of all i will start off with my sys specs for clarification: p41.6a oced to 2.01ghz, 2 sticks of samsung 128rdram pc800 and an abit th7II mb, vcore voltage is set at 1.675 but only reads around 1.58-1.62.

here are my problems: the first boot up of the day the system either restarts once windows starts to load or just locks up in windows when first started. when i reset, the computer hangs before i even have a chance to press f1 to get into cmos(the hd light stays on suring this time) and i have to manually turn the ocmputer off and on again. then my computer is fine after i go through this mess. i updated my bios to 38 in hopes that might do somehitng(it didn't, and i was under the impression i would be able to up my votage with this update but i guess not).

so what's my problem? i don't think it's o/s because it hangs on bootup before cmos even gets cleared. do i have to make some sort of mod in cmos with somehitng i haven't messed with yet? or do i have a bad mb, cpu, or ram?

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Is your RAM set to 300 or 400? If it's at 400, then it may just be maxing out. Try it at 300 (or 'Auto') and see if the problem goes away.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft