Sims 3 screen flickers

ecc89

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
So i bought sims 3 at gamestop (disc version of course) and i installed it. The loading up screen and intro in the beginning of the game is fine and the home screen as well, the screen doesn't flicker. But once i start the game the loading screen and when creating a sim and the gameplay the screen starts to flicker and its very annoying and interrupts gameplay. Mainly it just flickers but there were a couple of times when i saw the flickering it was like a screen shot of battlefield 3 which i also have installed in my computer. It show's the scoreboard and "round end" and i can tell the flickering is from battlefield 3. But most of the time the screen just flickers. Is the graphics card interrupted or is it just sims 3. I alsp played bf3, crysis, and counter strike source and those game run fine no problems. How do i fix the flickering screen in sims 3 and if anyone would know the problem or solution, any suggestions is great.

My cpu and gpu
intel core i5 2500k sandy bridge
nvidia geforce gtx 560 se
8GB ram

Solution
vsync issue? open up nvidia control panel, goto manage 3d settings, scroll down to bottom of list, click on vertical sync, change to "on". hope that helps.

ecc89

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

Hey thanks a lot for the advice...sims 3 seems to be running fine now thanks for easy fix