Printer Pooling and default printer

I have created a printer pool called EDP. This EDP logical share has
two ports attached to it with 2 identical printers. When I print to
this pool, it prints to the wrong printer in the pool. I need it to
start priting to printer1 by default and then anything beyond that
would go to printer 2. How can I tell the pool to print to printer1
first by default? I've changed priority levels on both printers but
still does not work.
1 answer Last reply
More about printer pooling default printer

    The ports are pooled alphabetically. The first port in the list is written
    to first.

    Name the ports
    1port
    2port

    stop and start the spooler
    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    <bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message
    > I have created a printer pool called EDP. This EDP logical share has
    > two ports attached to it with 2 identical printers. When I print to
    > this pool, it prints to the wrong printer in the pool. I need it to
    > start priting to printer1 by default and then anything beyond that
    > would go to printer 2. How can I tell the pool to print to printer1
    > first by default? I've changed priority levels on both printers but
    > still does not work.

Default Printers Windows XP