Thermaltake Volcano 7 + New Case Help

G

Alright im sick of my current setup, I have a Swiftech MC370 Old model and a delta 60x60 Fan, the loud one :(

Anyways Im looking to upgrade my case and heatsink/fan to get a bit quieter if I can and also cooler..

Right now My temps arnt all that good with the MC370 and im looking to improve and hopefully get the noise down, but overall improve the temps.

Right now im running a Athlon 1.4ghz (Non XP) with a Gigabyte GA-7DXR (Not +) Motherboard.

Im currently looking at a Thermaltake Volcano 7 or 7+ Heatsink fan combo..but im curious if its going to be better then my current Swiftech MC370 with the delta?

Also if anyone knows whats the decibal levels compared with a delta 60x60 opposed to the fans the volcano 7 or 7+ uses?

And last but not least im looking to get some more room in my cheap tin case and upgrade to something nicer.

Currently my two options are the

Lian Li PC60
or
Antec SX1030 (alienware case)

Im wondering what the size difference in these 2 cases are, the bigger the better, less room for wires blocking airflow etc, also what how many fans come stock in these cases, I belive the Lian Li is 3, what about the antec?

Also Which case would produce less noise? Im thinking the Lian Li since its aluminum and I belive the antec is not but i May be wrong..

So basically in summary

Is Volcano 7 or 7+ Going to be better then a old model Swiftech MC370 with a Delta 60x60 Fan , and is it going to be any quieter?

Will volcano 7 or 7+ work with a Athlon (Not XP) 1.4ghz on a Gigabyte GA-7DXR Motherboard

Which is a better choice for cases, for noise, Space and airflow.

Lian Li PC60
Antec SX1030 (Alienware)

Currently The antex is about 40 Cheaper so Im leaning towards that but if the lian li is that much better id go for it, i know its a great case..

Please Id really like to know some answers if anyone has them, im fed up with this heat and noise from my setup now :)

Thanks in advance for any responses.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i doubt you will get better performance from the tt over the swiftech, as for the case i would go with the lian li myself, theyre purty.

you shot who in the what now?

mikesb

Distinguished
May 1, 2002
The SX1030 is 1mm steel. The retail comes with two sleeve bearing 80mm fans. I don't know what Alienware does with them though. <A HREF="http://www.antec-inc.com/en_sohoser.html" target="_new">Antec's page</A> for the SOHO series links to a lot of reviews.