I am able to receive faxes, but for the life of me, cannot send them. I am
using XP Pro. I have a DSL line. I have check the modem several time for
connectivity and have configured the fax numerous times with no sucess. It
has worked before but not recently. When I say before I mean sometime ago.
Please assist with this matter I am at wits end.

you cannot fax on dsl line,you must use computers modem on seperate
phone line

"faxissue@discussion.microsoft.com" wrote:

> I am able to receive faxes, but for the life of me, cannot send them. I am
> using XP Pro. I have a DSL line. I have check the modem several time for
> connectivity and have configured the fax numerous times with no sucess. It
> has worked before but not recently. When I say before I mean sometime ago.
> Please assist with this matter I am at wits end.

You do not need a separate phone line! You need a regualar fax modem
installed. Then, make use you use a DSL filter between the fax modem and
phone line wall jack.