Starting to build a new computer, needs help

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
SO i just got all my hardware besides the gfx card and i was reading thru the quick installation guide and it shows a lan port but i was under the assumption it had wifi bcuz i told my friend i need wifi and he said to buy this motherboard, so heres the mobo and i also need help in figuring out bios! do i need to do anything special like mess with voltages or any other kind of settings??

PS: first computer build, and i was stoked and scared until i started reading the software setup, and saw a bunch of stuff on voltage, power limit, secondary plane limits...so now im really scared i dont want to mess anything up cuz i just spent 1600 dollars, please and thank you

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

And do i need thermal paste for my heatsink im not over clocking or anything for a while, i just want to get windows and bios running first then ill probly play games on it this weekend???

1. what motherboard? specs? ??
2. if you don't understand what you're doing ask your friend for help, in general there should be no need for you to do anything in bios besides checking the boot order and checking if your hardware is recognized properly.

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

Sorry i always forget to link the hardware here it is. im curious as to if it has wifi on it? and if it doesnt what kind of wifi i can add to it, i have a computer now that has a wireless lan, but i wont know if its onboard or detachable until i get it apart in a few minutes.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

I appreciate it, im gonna see what they have at best buy tho, i kinda want it quicker than what amazon can do on a thursday morning (paycheck). If i cant find one at best buy which one would you recommend, i want a really fast one