Battlefield 2 Freezing Problem?

thomasd221

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Hi, i have recently upgraded from windows xp 32bit to windows 7 ultimate 64bit, i have installed ALL driver for my system and it work's like a charm. The problem i'm getting is with battlefield 2, one of my favorite games of all time, the problem goes like this.

I have installed all patches up to the most recent one, 1.5. Every time i go on a multiplayer/singleplayer game, after around 15-25 minutes, the game will freeze and the audio will just buzz, i have tried leaving it to see if it would sort itself out, but it won't. And the only way i can get back into windows 7 is by pressing the power button om my PC and doing a hard reset.

Please could anyone suggest anything? I really want to play this game, when i was on XP 32bit, it worked fine, but now, it won't.]

The only thing i haven't tried is updating punkbuster, i will try that now.

PLEASE help me?!

Cheers!

thomasd221

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

Hi, tried that yesterday and the game wouldn't boot at all.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

FunSurfer

Distinguished
To OP- Did you re-install the game or just installed the patches? It is not clear from your post. BF2 should not have any problems with Win7 64bit (+ patches up to 1.5).

thomasd221

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

At idle:

CPU - 40 Degrees
Mobo - 30 Degrees
Graphics - 52 Degrees
Hard drive - 33 Degrees

Under load:

CPU - 60 Degrees
Graphics - 80 Degrees
Mobo - Around 50 degrees
Hard drive - 40 Degrees.

thomasd221

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

Hi i installed the game first, put the 1.41 patch on from the DVD and then downloaded the 1.9GB 1.5 patch and installed it

you upgraded from xp to win 7. did you go into bios and set hpet mode to 64. if not your pc will freeze randomly either every few minutes or even seconds up to an hour if its idle... but as soon as you do anything demanding you will hear an audio burururur sound and lock up or even reset... if thats the case its likley just hpet needing to be set.
it will be called hpet or high precision event timer, precision events, event timer or precision timer depending on the bios manufacturer. it should be in the advanced bios settings.

thomasd221

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

Hi, the only option in my bios was ACPI HPET table, so i have turned it on and the pc seems to run fine. Now for battlefield 2.