Very long delays when printing

I have 3 printers connected to a computer running XP.

2 are USB connections, the default printer is a parallel port connection.

When I print from one of the USB printers and then try to print something
else, there is a VERY long delay before the next document prints. Often up
to 6 minutes.

This even happens when the next document is printed from the same printer.
Doc 1 spits right out, 5-6 minutes to print Doc 2.

I've tried umpteen spool settings and neither printer manufacturer takes
responsibility.

I have USB hub, but have tried direct connections too.

Any ideas?

--
drobie
WI

Open Device Manager and scroll down until you find the entries for the USB
ports...... right click on each Hub and select Properties... in the Power
Management tab, are they set to turn off to save power.... if so, disable
this feature.

Does the situation improve?
www.coribright.com

"drobie" <drobie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 3 printers connected to a computer running XP.
>
> 2 are USB connections, the default printer is a parallel port connection.
>
> When I print from one of the USB printers and then try to print something
> else, there is a VERY long delay before the next document prints. Often
> up
> to 6 minutes.
>
> This even happens when the next document is printed from the same printer.
> Doc 1 spits right out, 5-6 minutes to print Doc 2.
>
> I've tried umpteen spool settings and neither printer manufacturer takes
> responsibility.
>
> I have USB hub, but have tried direct connections too.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> --
> drobie
> WI

renegadeirl

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
I am using Windows 7 and installed a printer with no usb port which meant I need to used an lpt to usb adapter. The printer would take 60 seconds to start printing.

The Power Management fix worked to eliminate that long delay.

Thanks.