Computer locking down when trying to receive fax

February 8, 2005 7:33:01 PM

I have had my dell all in one printer working to send and receive faxes since
I bought it less than 6 months ago. It has worked perfectly except the
computer would lock down when I tried to connect to the internet when the fax
was set to receive. I would turn receive off and it would work fine. Now it
locks down when I try to receive a fax. Have not downloaded anything but
windows updates and Norton 2005 updates. Thanks for your help.
February 8, 2005 8:35:01 PM

I got to reading other posts and I had an idea. I turned off Norton 2005
Firewall and BOOM fax started working. I have sp2 so I turned on windows
firewall. I tested and the fax is working. What gives here. I guess I need a
patch for Norton. I have had nothing but trouble out of Norton since I have
had it. Norton 2005 sux.

!