Computer locking down when trying to receive fax

I have had my dell all in one printer working to send and receive faxes since
I bought it less than 6 months ago. It has worked perfectly except the
computer would lock down when I tried to connect to the internet when the fax
was set to receive. I would turn receive off and it would work fine. Now it
locks down when I try to receive a fax. Have not downloaded anything but
windows updates and Norton 2005 updates. Thanks for your help.
1 answer Last reply
More about computer locking receive

    I got to reading other posts and I had an idea. I turned off Norton 2005
    Firewall and BOOM fax started working. I have sp2 so I turned on windows
    firewall. I tested and the fax is working. What gives here. I guess I need a
    patch for Norton. I have had nothing but trouble out of Norton since I have
    had it. Norton 2005 sux.

    "Randy" wrote:

    > I have had my dell all in one printer working to send and receive faxes since
    > I bought it less than 6 months ago. It has worked perfectly except the
    > computer would lock down when I tried to connect to the internet when the fax
    > was set to receive. I would turn receive off and it would work fine. Now it
    > locks down when I try to receive a fax. Have not downloaded anything but
    > windows updates and Norton 2005 updates. Thanks for your help.

Fax Computers Windows XP