Faxing using mobile phone

I cannot get windows fax client to recognize my mobile phone as a viable
fax/modem, what do I need to do to fix this?
1 answer Last reply
More about faxing mobile phone

    There is an even money chance that there's nothing you can do, XP Fax has
    more than enough trouble with MANY analog modems and regular wire telephone
    lines. Attempting to use it with anything even remotely "non-standard"
    (including Cell phones that work as fax modems, ISDN adapters with fax modem
    capabilities, VoIP services, etc.) very often gives it (and you and us and
    lots of other folk) heartburn. My only suggestion would be to contact the
    mobile phone's manufacturer and see if they have a solution. From the XP
    Fax standpoint, all bets are off with any device that's not listed in the
    Hardware Compatibility List:

    Windows XP Hardware Compatibility
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "shepherd" <shepherd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I cannot get windows fax client to recognize my mobile phone as a viable
    > fax/modem, what do I need to do to fix this?

Mobile Phones Fax Windows XP