fsb limits?

My mobo says it has an fsb of 133 (its old). It this the limit or can I crank it up and what to?
11 answers Last reply
More about limits
  1. what mobo, and what processor? and what heatsink, and what ram, and what powersupply...
    give some specs...
    without specs, it is like calling the mechanic, and telling him that your car is making a noise, and that the mechanic has to fix it over the phone :wink: !
    hehe

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-
  2. asus cuv4x, P3 933, 512mb pc133 sdram.
  3. not sure, but i THINK the 933 could take more that 133...
    the ram, MAYBE...it should...if it is good quality ram.
    as for the mobo...i dunno...if there is options in the bios to put it higher, then try it. you might have to increase the voltage a notch...

-DAvid

4. voltage... how do that? I've got jumper free and can do the rest, btw its 1 dimm Kingston and 1 dimm kingmax.
  5. well, try upping the FSB, and if it works fine, then dont worry about it.
    if there is boot problems, you can up the voltage.
    there should be an option in the bios to up the voltage.

-DAvid

6. ok thanx alot, i'll try that.
    THANKYOU!!!
  7. no prob.
    good luck! :smile:

-DAvid

8. oh, and report back here if it works, or if it doesnt...! :wink:

-DAvid

9. I think your board supported bus speeds of up to 150MHz. But that particular VIA chipset was such a piece of trash, your 933 is probably running like an 800EB would on a BX.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
  10. lol crash you'r really being after VIA! that 694 on the CUV4X is certainly trash, but this time really the problem could be the CPU itself. its near its limit of 1 GHz (unless a shade of luck on his part might have got him a under-binned CPU)

btw i did not find ANY board which supported dual P-III, a AGP Pro slot and 2 gigs of memory for a workstation. the only ones i did were based on 694X based CUV4X-D and others! not much choice, i had to dump them and head for a A7M266!

girish

Every point I make has 'n' perspectives!
    Boy do I need a <i>disclaimer</i> for my every word?
  11. Quote:
    lol crash you'r really being after VIA! that 694 on the CUV4X is certainly trash, but this time really the problem could be the CPU itself. its near its limit of 1 GHz (unless a shade of luck on his part might have got him a under-binned CPU)

that’s true, in <A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com" target="_new">http://www.overclockers.com</A> they report 1082 MHz as average overclock speed (only 3 guys made more than 1200 Mhz, one with peltier and other using watercooling; the third didn’t’ report)
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking