Bug Shout at Fan Faire

I unfortunatly can not attend the Fan Faire, but I'm hoping someone,
or several people might ask the SOE people why the bugs introduced
with the DoN patch haven't been fixed?

The nVidia problems...
Universal Chat system disconnects....
Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...
etc etc etc....
8 answers Last reply
More about shout faire

    >I unfortunately can not attend the Fan Faire, but I'm hoping someone,
    >or several people might ask the SOE people why the bugs introduced
    >with the DoN patch haven't been fixed?

    >The nVidia problems...

    To right, I think you mean EQ2 here but EQ2 has the nVidia, "Way its
    meant to be played" sticker on it but their high ends cards prefrom
    worse then Readons due to bugs!! I'm sure SOE will say its all
    nVidia's fault, even though no other game has the same problems.

    >Universal Chat system disconnects....
    >Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...
    >etc etc etc....

    The poor performance of EQ2 and dominance of WoW

    Any more?

    BombayMix wrote:
    >>I unfortunately can not attend the Fan Faire, but I'm hoping someone,
    >>or several people might ask the SOE people why the bugs introduced
    >>with the DoN patch haven't been fixed?
    >

    >>The nVidia problems...
    >

    > To right, I think you mean EQ2 here but EQ2 has the nVidia, "Way its
    > meant to be played" sticker on it but their high ends cards prefrom
    > worse then Readons due to bugs!! I'm sure SOE will say its all
    > nVidia's fault, even though no other game has the same problems.

    I had it in EQ1. Before I quit, the last two series of
    patches played havoc with my FX5950. If you were anywhere
    near places with torches, and there are a lot of places with
    them, you would get horizontal banding moving up and down
    the screen. As you say, it doesn't happen in any other game.
    I Flight Sim a lot and video there is as close to perfect as
    you can probably get. Simply can't justify $6-800 for a new
    video card only a year into a new system. Guess I'm not a
    "true" gamer.

    >>Universal Chat system disconnects....
    >>Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...
    >>etc etc etc....
    >

    > The poor performance of EQ2 and dominance of WoW
    >
    > Any more?

    | To right, I think you mean EQ2 here but EQ2 has the nVidia, "Way its
    | meant to be played" sticker on it

    No, I meant EverQuest.

    I dont play EQ2 as Sony hasnt exactly inspired confidence in their
    games or Customer Service to make me want to pay for another one.

    "Jitar GrRahiir of Tarew Marr" <jitar@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote in

    > I unfortunatly can not attend the Fan Faire, but I'm hoping someone,
    > or several people might ask the SOE people why the bugs introduced
    > with the DoN patch haven't been fixed?
    >
    > The nVidia problems...

    No clue what problems you might be talking about, but then, I stopped
    using nVidia before DoN.

    > Universal Chat system disconnects....

    I've heard a few people complain about an issue here, once in a long
    while, have not seen the problem myself in a very long time now.

    > Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...

    Never seen a problem with it.

    > etc etc etc....

    Having said all that, ever since one patch prior to DoN, EQ, and EQ only,
    crashes to desktop periodically. EQ2 behaves just fine, other games
    behave fine, test software that serisously exercises the systsm, reports
    no issues with the system.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 33 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter
    Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

    I used to have problems with NVidia cards, crashing randomly all the
    time with EQ. I eventually had enough, and I formatted the PC, put
    Windows XP back on and decided to use *old* graphic card drivers to
    see how they fared. I used the 66.93 drivers, and (maybe I was lucky)
    but the system has been rock-solid ever since.

    Palindrome

    Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    : > Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...
    : Never seen a problem with it.

    I wonder if the OP there is/was a merged server. Our Guild Manager
    public notes stuff got hosed in the Tunare/Eci merger. Wasn't a big
    deal just an annoyance.

    "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >I unfortunately can not attend the Fan Faire, but I'm hoping someone,
    > >or several people might ask the SOE people why the bugs introduced
    > >with the DoN patch haven't been fixed?
    >
    > >The nVidia problems...
    >
    > To right, I think you mean EQ2 here but EQ2 has the nVidia, "Way its
    > meant to be played" sticker on it but their high ends cards prefrom
    > worse then Readons due to bugs!! I'm sure SOE will say its all
    > nVidia's fault, even though no other game has the same problems.
    >
    > >Universal Chat system disconnects....
    > >Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...
    > >etc etc etc....
    >
    > The poor performance of EQ2 and dominance of WoW
    >
    > Any more?

    I haven't had any problems with my nvidia card in EQ2.

    >I haven't had any problems with my nvidia card in EQ2.

    Which one do you have? There are known problems with the 6 series. You
    might of thought it's lag. The game often goes all slide showie in
    Qeynos Harbour and BlackBarrow. While Vermin Syne total kills my FPS if
    I'm in there for any length of time.

Fan Bug Video Games