Bug Shout at Fan Faire

Last response: in Video Games
June 9, 2005 9:57:53 PM

I unfortunatly can not attend the Fan Faire, but I'm hoping someone,
or several people might ask the SOE people why the bugs introduced
with the DoN patch haven't been fixed?

The nVidia problems...
Universal Chat system disconnects....
Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...
etc etc etc....

More about : bug shout fan faire

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 6:02:23 AM

>I unfortunately can not attend the Fan Faire, but I'm hoping someone,
>or several people might ask the SOE people why the bugs introduced
>with the DoN patch haven't been fixed?

>The nVidia problems...

To right, I think you mean EQ2 here but EQ2 has the nVidia, "Way its
meant to be played" sticker on it but their high ends cards prefrom
worse then Readons due to bugs!! I'm sure SOE will say its all
nVidia's fault, even though no other game has the same problems.

>Universal Chat system disconnects....
>Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...
>etc etc etc....

The poor performance of EQ2 and dominance of WoW

Any more?
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 1:34:04 PM

BombayMix wrote:
>>I unfortunately can not attend the Fan Faire, but I'm hoping someone,
>>or several people might ask the SOE people why the bugs introduced
>>with the DoN patch haven't been fixed?
>

>>The nVidia problems...
>

> To right, I think you mean EQ2 here but EQ2 has the nVidia, "Way its
> meant to be played" sticker on it but their high ends cards prefrom
> worse then Readons due to bugs!! I'm sure SOE will say its all
> nVidia's fault, even though no other game has the same problems.

I had it in EQ1. Before I quit, the last two series of
patches played havoc with my FX5950. If you were anywhere
near places with torches, and there are a lot of places with
them, you would get horizontal banding moving up and down
the screen. As you say, it doesn't happen in any other game.
I Flight Sim a lot and video there is as close to perfect as
you can probably get. Simply can't justify $6-800 for a new
video card only a year into a new system. Guess I'm not a
"true" gamer.

>>Universal Chat system disconnects....
>>Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...
>>etc etc etc....
>

> The poor performance of EQ2 and dominance of WoW
>
> Any more?
June 10, 2005 5:16:50 PM

| To right, I think you mean EQ2 here but EQ2 has the nVidia, "Way its
| meant to be played" sticker on it

No, I meant EverQuest.

I dont play EQ2 as Sony hasnt exactly inspired confidence in their
games or Customer Service to make me want to pay for another one.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 12:54:28 AM

"Jitar GrRahiir of Tarew Marr" <jitar@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote in

> I unfortunatly can not attend the Fan Faire, but I'm hoping someone,
> or several people might ask the SOE people why the bugs introduced
> with the DoN patch haven't been fixed?
>
> The nVidia problems...

No clue what problems you might be talking about, but then, I stopped
using nVidia before DoN.

> Universal Chat system disconnects....

I've heard a few people complain about an issue here, once in a long
while, have not seen the problem myself in a very long time now.

> Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...

Never seen a problem with it.

> etc etc etc....

Having said all that, ever since one patch prior to DoN, EQ, and EQ only,
crashes to desktop periodically. EQ2 behaves just fine, other games
behave fine, test software that serisously exercises the systsm, reports
no issues with the system.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 33 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 2:16:18 PM

I used to have problems with NVidia cards, crashing randomly all the
time with EQ. I eventually had enough, and I formatted the PC, put
Windows XP back on and decided to use *old* graphic card drivers to
see how they fared. I used the 66.93 drivers, and (maybe I was lucky)
but the system has been rock-solid ever since.

Palindrome
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 8:32:24 AM

Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
: > Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...
: Never seen a problem with it.

I wonder if the OP there is/was a merged server. Our Guild Manager
public notes stuff got hosed in the Tunare/Eci merger. Wasn't a big
deal just an annoyance.

June 14, 2005 3:21:07 AM

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> >I unfortunately can not attend the Fan Faire, but I'm hoping someone,
> >or several people might ask the SOE people why the bugs introduced
> >with the DoN patch haven't been fixed?
>
> >The nVidia problems...
>
> To right, I think you mean EQ2 here but EQ2 has the nVidia, "Way its
> meant to be played" sticker on it but their high ends cards prefrom
> worse then Readons due to bugs!! I'm sure SOE will say its all
> nVidia's fault, even though no other game has the same problems.
>
> >Universal Chat system disconnects....
> >Guild Manager screens again reporting bad data...
> >etc etc etc....
>
> The poor performance of EQ2 and dominance of WoW
>
> Any more?

I haven't had any problems with my nvidia card in EQ2.
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 10:50:37 AM

>I haven't had any problems with my nvidia card in EQ2.

Which one do you have? There are known problems with the 6 series. You
might of thought it's lag. The game often goes all slide showie in
Qeynos Harbour and BlackBarrow. While Vermin Syne total kills my FPS if
I'm in there for any length of time.
!