Swapping out a cd rom drive in a Presario 1235 notebook?

Hi all,
I have located a cd rom drive to replace the failed one in my friends
notebook (Presario 1235). I haven't taken a good look at it yet
because the
notebook currently not at my house but is this a repair I can tackle
myself?
Any obvious snags I should be aware of? Will I have to disasemble the
whole notebook?
Tia for any info.
Gary
1 answer Last reply
More about swapping drive presario 1235 notebook

    Look here:

    http://www.compaq.com/athome/support/msgs/1230-50/

    HH

    "algae" <garyboyce@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I have located a cd rom drive to replace the failed one in my friends
    > notebook (Presario 1235). I haven't taken a good look at it yet
    > because the
    > notebook currently not at my house but is this a repair I can tackle
    > myself?
    > Any obvious snags I should be aware of? Will I have to disasemble the
    > whole notebook?
    > Tia for any info.
    > Gary

Compaq Notebooks Presario CD-Rom Computers