It is strange. Server can't fax with document attachment

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

It is strange. Server can't fax with document attachment after I install the
Office2003. It was well before I install it.

So what should I do to improve it? The error message is

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070483): Operation failed.
at FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocumentClass.ConnectedSubmit(FaxServer pFaxServer) at
fcifax.P5504SendFax.Do_Conn(FaxServerClass& fsc, FaxDocumentClass& doc)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

no one knows?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

What? Tell us your problem in detail.

--
Raghavendra R
purposes only.'

"Tanqi" <mrtanqi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> no one knows?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

When I installed the Office2003(actually, I have tried office97, office2000
as well), Fax server can't fax message with doc or
"Raghavendra R [MSFT]" <raghavr@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What? Tell us your problem in detail.
>
> --
> Raghavendra R
> Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team
> rights.
> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.'
>
> "Tanqi" <mrtanqi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> no one knows?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

After I installed Office2003(actually, I have tried office2000, office97 as
well), Fax server can't fax message with doc or xls format.

The error message is:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070483): Operation failed.
at FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocumentClass.ConnectedSubmit(FaxServer pFaxServer) at
fcifax.P5504SendFax.Do_Conn(FaxServerClass& fsc, FaxDocumentClass& doc)

but when I uninstall it, and modify the path of printto method to
wordpad.exe, the problem is solved. However, xls format file is still cant
be faxed.

Please help me!!

"Raghavendra R [MSFT]" <raghavr@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What? Tell us your problem in detail.
>
> --
> Raghavendra R
> Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team
> rights.
> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.'
>
> "Tanqi" <mrtanqi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> no one knows?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

No one knows again?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Go to Windows Explorer -> View -> Folder Options -> Files Types
Select doc and click on Advanced
In the Actions list, is Printto listed. if not add it.

Repeat same thing for xls.

Let me know if this helps.

---

Renu Bhattar [MSFT]

Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Faxing
This posting isprovided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
Please do not send mail directly to this aloas. This alias is for newsgroup