FSB goes up, Win XP Says NO! What do I do now?

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Got my new XP1800+ Havent unlocked this one yet, was hoping not to. The last one was just so much of a pain in the arse. So I tried upping the FSB on my Abit KG7, started out low, from 133 to 138. I had it running at that for a while before quite nicely. But now when XP Pro boots, I get an error message on a pretty blue screen that reads:

IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL

I havent seen this before, and have had my FSB up way higher and still got a boot into Windows. For some reason, I cant even have it up to 134 mhz. It still crashes. Any suggestions? I got my timings at 4:4:1, the only other option is 3:3:1. I even tried playing with the voltage, upping it one incriment at a time.

Is my only solution to unlock the XP? I really dont want to pull the thing apart till I get a new case, but will do it then to OC.

After thinking bout this a bit, I decided to reset the bios via the jumper on the board. slowly but surely, I am able to OC via the FSB, just dont know how high. At this point, I am running stable at 135.7 Mhz, (I know, whoop de do)Which brings me to 1.56ghz. Ill try some more tomorrow, and put up the results.

Once I thought, then I <A HREF="http://www.warroom.com" target="_new">learned</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lonemagi on 05/06/02 09:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Well, after some playing around with settings, I disabled the memory hole at 15-16 in my bios, and upped my voltage, now just increasing the FSB the system is running stable. No more boot errors or anything. I have it at 138mhz, and my 1800 is running at 1589mhz. I am guessing to see a larger increase, I will have to unlock the chip. I dont thing my FSB will go any higher than 138. Although I am in the midst of replacing the chipset cooler, I am going out to get a new case tomorrow, so I figure I will do everything while its already open.

PS: Looks like I posted this in the wrong place to begin with, sorry bout that guys

Once I thought, then I <A HREF="http://www.warroom.com" target="_new">learned</A>